Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flax Seed Oil.. Worthless Or Worthy

FLAX SEED OIL... Worth Paying For?

• Yes - definitely worth it.. excellent supplement.

Votes: 214 88.1%
  • No - waste of money.. shitty supplement.

Votes: 28 11.5%

• Total voters
Flax Seed Oil is good stuff!

I've been taking the stuff for just under a month now. 1 tablespoon/3 times a day, I have noticed that it regulates my bowels. That's about all I feel it doing, but how is flax supposed to make you feel? It's good for the body in many ways, you just don't feel it working cuz it doesn't work like that! My body temp rises a bit when I take it though. One tip I can give is this...NEVER mix it with water! Very nasty stuff, it sits at the top and it's really really gross. I just take it on its own with juice or water as a chaser. goes down much better.

there my 0.02

+++clear the lane...MADHOPS

Try Flax Meal instead - Instead of drinking oil

Flax oil can get expensive (barlenes, etc)

consider this:

purchase flax SEEDS from health food store "bulk area" at between 89 cents to $1.19 per lb.

purchase / locate small "hand held" coffee bean grinder (neighbor gave me one) http://members.aol.com/ricnakk/photos/grinder.jpg

grind up flax seed - turning it into flax meal

place crushed flax seeds (meal) into airtight container and place in freezer.

Use as needed - scoop three tbs into protein shake

for a meal - scoop six tbs into six ounces hot water (microwaved coffee cup), stir until thickend - add sugar free maple syrup and you have some of the best tasting porrige (like oatmeal) only better.

Price: about 10% of what buying the oil costs (save 90%) and you gaurantee freshness because you crack open the seeds.

1 cup of ground flaxseed weighs 100 grams and contains 16 tbs each weighing 6.3 grams. Since the seed contains roughly 35-40% oil, 1 level tb (15 cc) contains about 2200-2500 mg of oil. 1 cc of ground flaxseed contains 135-155 mg of oil. 1 cup of flaxseed makes about 1.6 cups ground flaxseed.

Go to Beyond-a-century.com and buy their BHT powder, it is a fat-soluble antioxidant. Mix into a new bottle of flax oil, about 1/4 teaspoon and it will protect the oil from oxidation. BHT is pretty cheap, something like 8 bucks for 300 grams.

Shaking up the bottle of flax oil speeds up the rate of oxidation, due to the air you are trapping in the oil. This process is not immediate, but happens slowly over time. Likewise, mixing up a shake with flax oil will not destroy the oil, this is a gradual process.

SirWanksalot said:
Try Flax Meal instead - Instead of drinking oil

I've been talking to a dietitian who has done a lot of research on flax. I'm not quite sure why, but she reccomends both 1 TBS of oil AND a TBS of meal each day.

Flax

I take them in capsule form, no disgusting taste. I hear it is supposed to aid in fat loss. So far (a week) I've noticed my skin is much healthier looking. Thats always good.

georgie24 said:
i been taking it since monday and i cad feel a difference here what it did for me
smoothend appetite
really got my bowels moving
smoother skin

You got all that in less than a week?! It took me at least 2 to notice any of that, 3 weeks until I noticed my skin was smoother.

Top Bottom