Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best iron supplementation for older dude?

bryan it

Hey guys my dad turn 62 just now and he is been suffering from iron deficiency and at his age thsi can translate into anemia and extreme fatigue, he is taking vitamins but they are not helping much, what other supplements do you recommend to increase iron on a adult? His iron is low on tests and I want to help him with something organic that will do the trick.

Plant sources of iron are very poorly absorbed. Animal sources of iron are the best absorbed as they contain the form of iron called heme-iron.

The best sources of iron include:

• Red meat, pork and poultry.
  • Seafood.
  • Beans.
  • Dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach.
  • Dried fruit, such as raisins and apricots.
  • Iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas.
  • Peas.

But like I said - the animal based foods will give you the most bang for your buck because they are the best absorbed.

To increase the rate of absorption, do not take include any food that contains calcium into the meal as calcium will prevent the iron from being absorbed.

I would just have the doctor evaluate and prescribe an iron supplement if needed. Obviously diet is the best way to get in your iron but I would not supplement on your own without a doctor supervising.

Top Bottom