Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alert Gnc Selling Expired Products!!!

thesuperstar

from abc 28 news(tampa), gnc is under investigation by the florida state attorney's office for selling expired products. so all you who still buy from gnc, beware.

Listen, I don't like GNC and I don't know if they are delibrately selling exp products. But, I manage a supplement store and it is impossible to point out every exp product in the store. Yes sometimes customers find these products and then I offer it to them at a discounted price. Most products are still good for 6 months after the exp date. GNC does discount their exp products to usually under $1 and puts them on a discount rack for customers, I do the same at my store. But sometimes you just miss some exp items and customers find them. We are only human, not perfect!! Some people are way too anal about some things!

who cares....

bro, these expiration dates are totally arbitrary. the stuff is good for years after the date on the bottle. the only stuff you have to worry about are food items or stuff that is like 5 years expired. watch out for bars, they tend to harder up a bit but i eat expired bars all the time..
if you find expired stuff at gnc, you can get it for -75% on the retail usually, good deal!!

Dude, I work at GNC...weve never been instructed to sell expired products. We go through once a month and check for them....we mark products that are expiring down 75% before the month they expire. For every year past expiration the product only looses 2% of its potency. Im sure at some point we may have missed a bottle and someone bought it, but who cares bring it back, its not going to kill you. Remember the same people behind this GNC bull crap are the same ones behind the Creatine and Ephedra bull crap.

www.geocities.com/supplementguide

Last edited:
I'm sure every store has some expired products on the shelfs. Why are they targeting GNC?...... Did the products not have a labeled expiration date? Did one slickster behind the counter sell an unlabeled product to a little kid saying it is not old? If so then that has nothing to do with GNC, but an individual employe of one store. As you guys who work at GNC stated that no such of thing has happened in your store show that it is nothing more than an individual store, and not GNC as a whole franchise. I still haven't heard the media reports, so these are just spectulations. Maybe this has to do with the prohormone and ephera propaganda?

I was at an organic/natural health food store today, actually two of them, and I saw expired flax oil at one and an expired EFA supplement at another. If the consumer is worried about expired products, then simply do not buy it if it doesn't have an expired date on the label. If it does have a labeled expiration date, and that date is passed, then don't buy it...its that simple.

If GNC brand products had a good expiration date, and The company had mislabeled them....then I do believe they should be held responsible. E.g If a product is labeled to expire 08/2003, but really expired 04/99, then thats a problem. Again I don't know the whole store, someone please post a link.

i dont buy from gnc, i buy online only... cheaper.

anyways, from webmd.com "expired vitamins aren't likely to do you much good. Once they (or any other supplement) reaches the expiration date, they may have already decomposed to the point where they're not very potent."

that is why gnc sells it for 75% less, wow great deal on useless products.

When I worked at GNC, we just took all the expired products home.

I used to give some of them to the guy who runs the gym, and work out for free.

For playdo, I worked at GNC over 3 years ago. The RD would tell us to mark down any exp products to $ .10 and sell them. I'm sure things have changed now though, it was over 3 years ago.

I work at a GNC and my boss would sell expired products for really cheap but she would tell the customer it was expired before they bought it. A couple month's back we got this memo via e-mail saying WE ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SELL EXPIRED PRODUCTS. So now we don't. Like someone else has already said - they told me that each year it only loses 1% of it's potency.

I wanna know if this is true because I could buy some expensive stuff dirt cheap. (namely cytovol)

Something everyone should be aware of is that some companies do not place expiration dates on their products. And Atkins uses some secret code that you have to decipher (it's not really secret... but you have to call Atkins Service and ask how to decode it... and who's supposed to know that A 08 AB is a code for an expiration date!)

I called EAS a couple of days ago because they don't put exp. dates on none of their stuff. They told me they were going to start doing that.

People should take a look to see if something is expired for themselves. I don't know if the GNC workers mentioned in the story we're doing it delibrately or accidentally, but selling expired products to unassuming customers is not a GNC practice.

Top Bottom