Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who takes steroids while on blood pressure medications?

RESURRECTIONTIME

What has happened with your blood pressure while adding steroid properties? Has it maintained and kept stable or has it shot up? Does anyone have history of serious blood pressure problems directed from AAS? I have had a rebound effect six months back when I went off my blood pressure meds. I had a vein split in my head at the base of the neck. It healed fine. But the problem was I stopped my blood pressure meds and a rebound effect got me while not on meds. I have started losing weight which I should have done all along anyway. I need feedback, not bullshit remarks, on real scenarios with blood pressure checks and doctors remarks while on let's say... enanthate or dianabol and maybe even winstrol by itself.

RESURRECTIONTIME said:
What has happened with your blood pressure while adding steroid properties? Has it maintained and kept stable or has it shot up? Does anyone have history of serious blood pressure problems directed from anabolic androgenic steroids? I have had a rebound effect six months back when I went off my blood pressure meds. I had a vein split in my head at the base of the neck. It healed fine. But the problem was I stopped my blood pressure meds and a rebound effect got me while not on meds. I have started losing weight which I should have done all along anyway. I need feedback, not bullshit remarks, on real scenarios with blood pressure checks and doctors remarks while on let's say... enanthate or dianabol and maybe even winstrol by itself.
Its all really person/dose dependent. Running an anti-e may help with water retention and thus help maintain a "normal" BP. Winstrol didnt give me high BP but again it all has to do with the person and dose.

I believe that very thing. I am currently 6'2" and 285 lbs. BF is around 27%. I have a lot of work to do with body fat loss I know. I just turned 41 and have always felt better on AAS than off. I guess it has been my crutch. I have to grow up and be fat deprived first I know.

gttnbig82 said:
Its all really person/dose dependent. Running an anti-e may help with water retention and thus help maintain a "normal" BP. Winstrol didnt give me high BP but again it all has to do with the person and dose.

I am taking them for a different reason and they are working despite the concurrent use of AAS. Pretty soon we'll have Liquid Catapres (I'll bet.)

have been takeing BP meds for 9+ years i have been on aas for 2 and never had a high bp at all since.my current cycle is 750mg cyp a week 300mg deca and 600mg EQ my last bp is 110/80 i am on 25mg atenolo and 5 mg norvasc

It is quite important to note what kind of blood pressure meds :
1) Beta-Blockers ( Such as Atenolol )
That would make your "Heart go Slower" Therefore lowering BP
2) Vasodilators
(Such as Valsartan) That "Make your veins biger" Therefore lowering BP
3) ACE Inhibitors / Calcium Channel Blockers
(Such as Dilatzem) That basically do the same thing as Vasoldilators.

The advantage of BBlockers is that they could have a positive effect on Anxiety.
The disatvantage of Calcium chanel blockers is they could make you retain water.

This bit is fairly obvious :
Establish your blood pressure by taking it in the morning before any meds or steriods.
Put the spigonometer (Blood pressure machine) on your bedside table and take it
before you get up, whilst lying in bed. I suggest you use a good quality one such as
an "Omron" Brand. Really cheap ones are unreliable.
Do this for a week and note the results. Then you will know your "resting" BP.
Small variations are no problem. Just get a baseline. You should be below 140/90
in an ideal world. Until you are above 160/100 there is no need to REALLY worry.
If you are 120/70 or under its ideal. 140/90 would be best to reduce salt, (excersice
Je Je we all do that ) and quick smoking , coffee and anything else fun) . 160/100
and above is DANGEROUS AND BAD FOR YOUR KIDNEYS. Do something about it.
If you are really high or descompensated (Big difference or very small diference between the systolic and Dysistolic pressures) see a cardiologist.
Once you have established your base or resting pressure take it again at 4 and 8
hours after any meds and/or steroids. Take it every day and the same time and
draw charts. Take into account any stimulants used . Take it on both arms on ocasions
there should be no specific diference. If you possibly can borrow someone elses blood
pressure tester and compare it against yours.
One thing to take into account "White coat hyperternsion" . Often when a doctor
takes your BP it is higher because there is an element of anxiety when "at the doctors". The average is what matters. Your blood pressure can vary greatly from
time to time depending on a huge range of factors. If it is generaly high or very high
you may consider having a troponine test. This can help establish your risk of a heart
attack. Blood pressure is a very complex subject and as has been said very correctly
in this thread is tremendously variable in effect and significance from person to person.

I hope that was not really obvious or really boring.

Can i get some help?

i take 25mg of a beta blocker and 5mg of ace inhibitor, my blood pressure is under control and i have been lifting for years but i'm looking to make more gains, i have no clue about steroids i have done a lot of research but everybody says something different. what is a good cycle for a beginner? include everything i should take on weekly or daily basis and where to get it. thank you

I believe that very thing. I am currently 6'2" and 285 lbs. BF is around 27%. I have a lot of work to do with body fat loss I know. I just turned 41 and have always felt better on AAS than off. I guess it has been my crutch. I have to grow up and be fat deprived first I know.

Sorry to say but your in no condition at all to even consider AAS use.

veins bursting, high BP etc are all signs of serious underlying health issues that you need to get under control, before you do anything. Your only 41 and a total train wreck!

For starters google pauling therapy. You need to start taking 6grams or more vit C (ascorbic acid) daily in divided doses along with prolin and lysine. These will help heal arteries and restore their elasticity while removing plaque.

Next you need to get on a good B12, b9 and niacin supplement. All the B's play a crucial role in controlling cholesterol. B12 is essential for folate to work, niacine is better at controlling cholesterol than any drug known to man. It also prevents red blood cells from clumping (reduced chance of stroke) and is a powerful vasodialator which improves circulation and healing.

Here is what you need to do:

Continue to exercise and eat clean to drop some BF.

Take a good multivitamin
Take 10mg source natural methylcobalamin and 10mg source natural dibencozide every morning. Put them between check and gum and let dissolve.

Take 2x 800mcg solgar methylfolate daily (morn/eve)

get solgar niacin (not the fluch free kind, just plain niacin) start with 100mg 3x a day, take 100mg with each meal. This will cause a flushing sensation, redness of skin, possibly itching, usualy lasts only about 10 minutes. Increase the dose slowly over time until you get to 1000mg at each of 3 meals.

Take 1-2 GRAMS of ascorbic acid with meals. More is better if you can do so without dhiarhea. Take extra doses between meals if you can.

take 1g lysine with each meal.

take 1g proline with each meal.

In 6 months go get some labs done to see how cholesterol is doing. get homocystine, mma and lipoprotien(a) levels checked.

Keep an eye on your blood pressure regularly, these nutrients combined with your drugs could cause it to drop too low, you may need to lower drug doses as you heal.

Top Bottom