Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If HGH is so beneficial to overall health, why isn't it prescribed more?

DetCord

I've heard all the benefits of HGH and it seems to be a great thing for keeping you young and healthy. So I'm curious why doctors aren't jumping on it and prescribing it by the gallon. Is it illegal the same as pot (I don't think so)? Is a money thing that the insurance companies won't pay for? But maybe that doesn't hold water if HGH keeps you healthy longer.

Basically I'm just confused on why it isn't available from doctors.

DetCord said:
Also, why isn't the military jumping on it and providing it to their combat soldiers?

For the same reason they dont give them steroids and amphetamines both of which would be beneficial. The public wouldnt like it.

To answer the original question:

It's because the health benefits of HGH have been grossly exagerated.

The real benefit comes from the escretion of natural HGH more than the actual presense of it. Naturally, resistance exercise and sleep (both of which release HGH) have been proven to be benificial to older people.

Also, HGH is not without its nasty side effects, the worst of which is the possibility of increasing the risk of cancer -- something not too many dotors or patients are willing to risk to have a slightly improved skin tone.

DetCord said:
I've heard all the benefits of HGH and it seems to be a great thing for keeping you young and healthy. So I'm curious why doctors aren't jumping on it and prescribing it by the gallon. Is it illegal the same as pot (I don't think so)? Is a money thing that the insurance companies won't pay for? But maybe that doesn't hold water if HGH keeps you healthy longer.

Basically I'm just confused on why it isn't available from doctors.

It would be Rx more but it is so expensive on a full retail basis, the insurance companies would go belly up. Plus any MD can give you a scrip for it, good luck in getting the insurance to pay for it. Big to do in pre approval plus you have to prove withou a reasonable dought that there is a medical necessity.

Lots of drugs are expensive and the price of HGH has come down. Plus, a therepeutic dosage isn't that much. So to once again address the original question; why aren't more scripts written for it? Plain and simple. For most people, it's just not worth it.

Top Bottom