Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gear and It's Role in Factors Effecting Muscle Development

mrplunkey

I've been thinking about something lately and a post by Nelson Montana rekindled my interest.

It looks like mother nature gave us a mechanism (via testosterone) to physically grow and reproduce when times are good and a mechanism to reduce our caloric needs when times are bad (via cortisol).

Has anyone looked into muscle growth as a function of overall stress? For example: would plenty of calories, lots of sleep and no work stress result in gains from 200 mg/week of test? What about other stresses like emotional turmoil (i.e. death of a family member)? Would even 1,000 mg/week result in muscle loss if some external stressor was significant enough?

Could we be underestimating the importance of low stress in convincing our bodies that the time is right to grow? Could exogenous testosterone simply be a way to trick mother nature?

Are you under the influence of something?

Are you under the influence of something?

Not at all.

I do physician-prescribed HRT (since Sept 2004) and I've noticed a huge correlation between stress and physical results. I've got a very progressive doctor who will prescribe me a wide range of dosages and results really don't vary with dosage nearly as much as you'd think.

I've made tremendous progress even on 200-300mg/week and have always had a pretty laissez-faire attitude toward life in general. I certainly think stress interferes with recuperation which effects gains. Whether stress reduces testosterone output I can't say.

I've made tremendous progress even on 200-300mg/week and have always had a pretty laissez-faire attitude toward life in general. I certainly think stress interferes with recuperation which effects gains. Whether stress reduces testosterone output I can't say.

I wonder if stress not only effects testosterone levels -- I wonder if stress also impacts the efficacy of testosterone.

I really started thinking about this a few years ago. I was going through a divorce and cycled a huge (for me) dose of test. I remember even thinking the stuff was fake, but it was prescription gear.

You are right on with the cortisol thing.

Cortisol is released naturally by your body during times of stress. I jumped on a couple of HUGE cycles after I got divorced also. But then when two years au natural. I had my dr. test my free test levels over the two years to see how i was rebounding naturally and the tests definatley showed differences during stressful seasons at work, vs. the tests that were done during non-stressful times.

I'm now back on also doing HRT and doing about 300mgs of test a week. That is 200mgs less than I am used to running. I'll let you know the results.

Cheers

Iam always amazed at the level of intelligence with some of the members on here...You are absolutly right in you hypothesis and theory. When stress is present, it counteracts the test levels...and actually so many other body funtions. Your body is not operating the way you would like however it IS operating the way it is ment to. You body and mind is coping and at that time...growing and getting bigger is not a top priority. Kudos to you for posting a great thread that makes you go ..hmmmmmm.....lol

If you're wondering if stress reduces testosterone, wonder no longer. About 10 years ago before I went on HRT my last blood test showed a T level of 775. I was natural and no longer juicing. I started having some work related problems and then my father got very ill. A month later he died. I was depressed. I hardly slept. I had my T checked a month after that. It was 169. What does that tell you?

If you're wondering if stress reduces testosterone, wonder no longer. About 10 years ago before I went on HRT my last blood test showed a T level of 775. I was natural and no longer juicing. I started having some work related problems and then my father got very ill. A month later he died. I was depressed. I hardly slept. I had my T checked a month after that. It was 169. What does that tell you?

It tells me that my "train car" theory needs another car.

I used to think of muscle development as a train with four cars: Training, diet, sleep and hormones -- and the train couldn't go any faster than its slowest car.

Now I'm starting to see it as Training, diet, sleep, low stress and hormones.

It tells me that my "train car" theory needs another car.

I used to think of muscle development as a train with four cars: Training, diet, sleep and hormones -- and the train couldn't go any faster than its slowest car.

Now I'm starting to see it as Training, diet, sleep, low stress and hormones.

Absolutely. Sleep is huge. More sleep equals more muscle. Sleep less than 4 hrs a night and I think muscle growth would be next to impossible, even with steroids.

Top Bottom