Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Attn MODs & Elite I.T. Dept, read this.

Enigmaxxx7

Your website is loading REALLY slow today. I have ISDN internet connection. I am not having trouble connecting to any other site except Elite. I have the Code Red patch for my NT server. Do you host your own website or is it hosted by a Provider? If you host it, do you have the Code Red Patch? It could also be some router configuration or RAM error on your end. I don't think the problem is on this end but if I am the only one noticing this well then I could have the problem. But since I am having no trouble on any other website, I doubt that the problem is here.

I NEED MY ELITE BOARD!!!!

Enigmaxxx7

same problem here
threads replying and posting very slow (5-10mi a thread), but only sometimes
this has not happened until recently

I sure as hell hope they are running a real OS and not some M$ garbage :)

Any one of the mainstream unix systems supports much more reliable hardware. I just dont understand what people think large companies use. You think a large organization can function properly or efficiently on some cheezy little windows/intel box? They are the toys of the computer world my friend and unfortunatly so many people think that an wintel PC is the shiznit, when in actuality they cant handle any real workload.

Zyglamail said:
Any one of the mainstream unix systems supports much more reliable hardware. I just dont understand what people think large companies use. You think a large organization can function properly or efficiently on some cheezy little windows/intel box? They are the toys of the computer world my friend and unfortunatly so many people think that an wintel PC is the shiznit, when in actuality they cant handle any real workload.

You speak the truth. I support Wintel systems at work but our "really important" stuff is all on UNIX (HP-UX, and SunOS).

Zyglamail said:
I just dont understand what people think large companies use. You think a large organization can function properly or efficiently on some cheezy little windows/intel box?

i work for a fortune50 company that runs mostly MS products. we do have a few novell boxes, but not many. 20 feet from me there are over 400 servers running windows, and another 2000 throughout the WAN. we also have a huge mainframe system which is located in my building and some AS400's spread throughout the states.

these cheezy little windows/intel boxes have everything working just fine here.

oh yeah, we're about 3/4 done with the upgrade to 2k

Top Bottom