Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anybody use electrical muscle stimulation?

backfromlayoff

Does anybody use electrical muscle stimulation in there workouts?

i remember a few years ago (i dont know about now cause i been out of the game for a while), Paul Dillet used to promote it in the advertisement section of flex, muscle fitness, etc.

anyway, after i had double knee surgury (twice) they used it on my thighs and i got some good muscle development. Not size, but definition wise.

I don't think in anyway it can take the place of hard training, but when I'm pushed for time and can't make it to the gym that much in one week I decide I'll skip my abs and calves that week and do them at home by hooking them up to the electrodes. Its pretty much for definition. Once your already toned, I don't think they do much other than help maintain.

I disagree.

While generally these products are marketed to the lazy (the type of people that say "fuck situps, I'll do this").

However, I think sticking the electrical stimulator machines up to muscles (think calves, abs, shoulders, etc.) can stimulate them for at least small development

I'm not sure it would be an easy way too use electro stimulation.
If you want some real effect from it you would have too do it with a current that causes pain.
I have just read about it but it seams interesting.
Woulden't experiment with macrocurrent (over 1 milliampere i think) by myself, think it can be dangerous.

Now I don't have any experience with the subject myself, I've done a bit of reading about it. Unfortunately I dont' have any sources handy to quote, but I have a pretty good memory.

Supposedly electrical stimulation cannot match up to real physical stimulation because the current required to do that would offer more harm than benefit. Furthermore, the retail electrical ab stimulators and whatnot tell you to use for no longer than 10 min, which is not nearly enough time to get any benefit.

The electrical stimulation they use for rehab is on a completely different level than these retail pieces of shit. These machines actually do provide decent stimulation to the muscle, but this is after damage was already rendered to it. It is not meant to be used to build sizeable quantities of muscle mass.

I'm retired from the infomercial industry. The companies selling the EMS machines via infomercial are all being sued by the FCC for fraud. It's a big scandal.

Bottom line is EMS machines don't do jack.

I've read that external stimulation of a muscles group can cause communication problems between the brain and that muscle group. I learned this while doing research on another subject.

I guess if anyone is interested enough, you can look it up your selves, should not be difficult..

I bought one of those informercial ab belts and it was peice of junk. it lasted less than 2 weeks or so and broke.

I do have two units that paul dillets company used to sell and those are still running after all these years.

deepzen: you said those physical therapy machines are different, can you eleborate more on this? because you are right, after the knee surgury that machine put definitions on my thighs that i have not been able reproduce with home units. Do they use more power or what? I guess if i run across any forclosure equipment or going out of busines or upgrading there units i better pick up one of them, LOL.

I bought one a couple years ago. Gave a decent masage...not much else though.

Top Bottom