Re: To Pat- Does this help any?
Posted by Another Jeff on March 20, 1997 at 13:08:15:
In Reply to: Re: Tribesterone and l-dopa and retaining gains in between posted by PA on March 20, 1997 at 12:25:55:
: Would someone please tell me what proof there is that
: Tribestan increases testosterone? Of the scientific literature
: I have read the only finding is that Tribulus Terrestis extract
: increases fertility/spermatogenesis. This certainly does not mean it
: increases testosterone and there is absolutely no reason to think
: it does. In fact a freind of mine who insisted he thought Tribestan
: gave him gains that he attributed to test increase had his test levels
: checked on Tribestan and they did not change at all.
: Also its androstenedione not androsterone. Androsterone is another compound
: altogether that is worthless.
Me telling you something is like me telling Noah all
about how floods are (in other words you probably
already know all this) but here goes.
From an examination of the hypothalamus/testicular
axis, an increase in spermatogenesis would very
probably also involve an increase in testosterone.
I could write a book, but here is the brief, condensed
1. The hypothalamus releases GnRH
2. The GnRH stmulates FSH and LH
3. FSH increase = increase in androgen binding proteins (ABP)
4. LH acts on the interstitial cells to increase testosterone
5. The interaction of the ABP and the testosterone within the
seminiferous tubule is what causes spermatogenesis.
As you can see, an increase in spermatogenesis has
to come from an increase in GnRH to result in an
increase in the two main ingredients necessary- ABP
Having said all that, "Bone" and I are in the process
of testing all of this out which will also include
a look into the botanical abstracts to review the
actual studies on tribulis. I will be happy to post
our findings. Hope that helped? Thanks for your
comment about not immediately believing supplement
claims. You are very correct about that.
- Re: To Pat- Does this help any? PA 14:18:26 3/20/97
- Re: To Pat- Does this help any? ALSO THIS Another Jeff 14:07:25 3/20/97
- Re:It needs to be free test? Animal 14:20:30 3/20/97
- Re:It needs to be free test? thinker24 21:21:39 9/11/98
- To both PA and Animal- The human body gets pretty damn complecated dont it? Another Jeff 14:44:45 3/20/97
- Re: To both PA and Animal- The human body gets pretty damn complecated dont it? PA 17:41:41 3/20/97
- Re: Thanks PA- My response is above No msg here Another Jeff 09:33:36 3/21/97
- Re: Thanks PA- My response is above No msg here Another Jeff 09:33:36 3/21/97 (0)
- Re: To both PA and Animal- The human body gets pretty damn complecated dont it? PA 17:41:41 3/20/97 (1)
- Re:It needs to be free test? thinker24 21:21:39 9/11/98 (0)
- Re:It needs to be free test? Animal 14:20:30 3/20/97 (4)