Navbar

Elite Fitness Bodybuilding, Anabolics, Diet, Life Extension, Wellness, Supplements, and Training Boards
  Chat & Conversation
  Who supports Al Gore and why? (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

Author Topic:   Who supports Al Gore and why?
chesty

Guru

posted November 06, 2000 01:14 PM

Staff Use Only: IP: Logged

No, I don't think that is a bit much. He busted his ass and deserves every penny he makes.

I do have a problem with not only the unions but also their leaders. Here at Boeing they have an engineering union. They got the engineers to strike for 40 days. In the end the engineers ended up with the same deal they originally had. But they went with out a paycheck for 6 weeks. But the union leaders, from the AFCLO (I believe that is how you spell it) continued to get paid their salaries the whole time.

I think it is a joke that the union members must pay dues, and then when they strike they get a small pittence from a strike fund, while their union leaders continue to live like kings. What is that? Unions had their purpose and that purpose has passed. It is now about greed. Especiallly when a union broom pusher gets more money than I do, and I am the one that busted ass to go to college and graduate and then get penalized for being sucessful. Hmmmm.

I here Canada has social health care and pay upwards of 60% in taxes. Yet, people who are not well to do, end up on waiting lists for things like heart surgery, transplants, tumor operations and so on. That is not right. You gotta wait to die, yet you are paying half or more of your salary to the gov't? Like I want that here in my country out of my paycheck.

Click Here to See the Profile for chesty   Click Here to Email chesty     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 94767848   Reply w/Quote
2Thick

posted November 06, 2000 01:27 PM

Chesty,

You are walking a fine line. You just said someone deserves $3400+ for delegating responsibility and then bust the union leaders for "[living] like kings" when in fact they are doing the same basic job.

They are one in the same, my friend. You have just crossed the line from objective criticizm to subjective favortism. It is hard to be respected in an arguement when you fail to see the validity of another's argument.

BTW- Most Corporate officers sit on the board of other Corporations and net in millions from that.

Nobody deserves $300 Million a year
He could make 3 people millionares per week and still have more money than his grandchildren's children could ever spend.

[This message has been edited by 2Thick (edited November 06, 2000).]

Click Here to See the Profile for 2Thick     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
chesty

Guru

posted November 06, 2000 01:43 PM

I said what I did about unions because that is an abuse of power. They really don't care about the people they are in charge of. They expect there members to suffer to make them money. The way the union leaders make money is from the dues they pay which in turn pays their salary, now when the union goes on strike do they give up their income as well? Nope. That is not a leader. That is not someone who cares about his people. They suffer to make more money, while the leaders do not.

This is different than a ceo who busts his ass to get to the top and does what he can to make money but also the stock holders, which in boeing for example are most of the employees. If the company does well, the employees do well, they don't ask us to work for free or 1/10 of what we normally make.

(This is a hard subject to really discuss this way, I see your point, I just don't agree with it.)

So, if I invested my money and did well and started earning 300 million a year or more I don't deserve it? I mean it was I who made the investments and took the risks why should I not be rewarded? But instead have my earnings taken away and given to someone else who hardly lifted his finger to wipe his ass.

Bill Gates while being chastized by most, is the perfect example, he started with nothing and is now one of the richest if not the richest in the freaking free world. He treats his employees very very well, in fact most of them make more than me.

It basically comes to this, you believe in redistribution of the wealth (punishment) to those who are less fortunate (I call them lazy) and I believe in survival of the fittest. If I am sucessful my family will prosper, if I am not it will die.

When you finish with school, and you are making lets say 200,000 a year, would you be willing to give over half of that to the gov't and then half of what is left to charity and then pay taxes on top of that everytime you go to the store?

I earned it I should keep it and do with it as I see fit.

Click Here to See the Profile for chesty   Click Here to Email chesty     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 94767848   Reply w/Quote
2Thick

posted November 06, 2000 01:49 PM

Chesty,

Okay, we will agree to disagree.

Anyway, I am sorry about not getting to your e-mail sooner. I will get to it today.

Click Here to See the Profile for 2Thick     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
chesty

Guru

posted November 06, 2000 01:53 PM

No problem. At least we are still friends after the politics.

off to gym to work legs.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back to Elite Fitness | Privacy Statement