What is ideal weight

Posted: 02-Aug-2005 07:52 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about What is ideal weight within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I m 22 year old guy and taking weight loss diet pills (http:/.com). Through these pills I m continuously lose weight. I want to know what is ideal weight foe me so I stop taking weight loss diet pills. My status is- Height: 59 Age: 22 years...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

What is ideal weight

Announcement by George Spellwin: Putting Ben Pakulski's Hypertrophy Max Program on Steroids

Hypertrophy Max Now Accepting New Members Now Until Midnight July 25th - Closing Down In:

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Cool What is ideal weight

Old 02-Aug-2005, 07:52 AM   #1

I m 22 year old guy and taking weight loss diet pills. Through these pills I m continuously lose weight. I want to know what is ideal weight foe me so I stop taking weight loss diet pills.

My status is-
Height: 59

Last edited by RADAR; 03-Aug-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Gallery of tomcrystal  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: What is ideal weight

Old 02-Aug-2005, 07:59 AM   #2

540 pounds
Gallery of BOOEY  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 02-Aug-2005, 08:13 AM   #3
United Kingdom
Your ideal weight is the one you feel happiest at concommitent with remaining healthy and functional in your desired activities.

I have to assume that your goal doesn't involve "showing off your curves this summer". Excessive short-term weight loss, especially chemically driven, is not healthy.

Get down to the gym and work hard there, do plenty of general activity, even if that's just walking an hour a day, and, if your diet is even vaguely reasonable and you are not already at very low BF, the weight will melt away while you grow and tone your muscle. There's a forum on here dedicated to diet and you'll get lots of good help there.
Gallery of blut wump  

Old 02-Aug-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
United States
Amen, blut wump! A few other things to think about - do you just want to be thin or do you want to be muscular? There can be a huge difference in weight between those two.
Make sure your diet is in check - eating 5-6 small meals, higher in protein. This will help get your metabolism going so you can start backing off of the diet pills. Get into a gym and start working out. By eating correctly and working out (both weights and cardio) you can basically keep your bodyweight/bodyfat % where ever you'd like.
Gallery of rbtrout  

Old 02-Aug-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
United States
I agree with the other posts, increase your physical activities and your body will adjust accordingly. Watch those pills you can't takeem for long periods.
Gallery of Forced Negative  

Old 02-Aug-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
United Kingdom
For me at 6'0" tall (26yo) 225lb felt a little heavy. 210 feels great now, but I'm a mass freak, and I'll be 230 by the end of the year.
Gallery of musketeer  

Old 03-Aug-2005, 08:44 AM   #7
United States
Quote posted by tomcrystal

I m 22 year old guy and taking weight loss diet pills. Through these pills I m continuously lose weight. I want to know what is ideal weight foe me so I stop taking weight loss diet pills.

My status is-
Height: 59
This is a great question.

If you enjoy the Classic Physique, here are the guidelines:

5' 5" 160 pounds
5 6 165
5 7 170
5 8 175
5 9 180
5 10 185
5 11 190
6' 200
6 1 210
6 2 220
6 3 230

This is heavier than the BMI index used by the insurance industry. It is lighter than some present day Champs. It is in line with Arnold and Reeves.

I would think that if you hit this mark and held it while reducing body fat and gaining muscle, you'll look dam good.

Bet Carth is in line with this.
Gallery of thelion2005  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 03-Aug-2005, 08:53 AM   #8

Interesting formulation, but didn't Arnold come in at 6'2" 250 in the 70s?
Gallery of BOOEY  

Old 03-Aug-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
United Kingdom
More in line with Zane than Arnie and Reeves.

Arnie reputedly came in at 240-250
Gallery of blut wump  

Old 03-Aug-2005, 08:59 AM   #10
United States
Quote posted by TheLion2005
This is a great question.

If you enjoy the Classic Physique, here are the guidelines:

5' 5" 160 pounds
5 6 165
5 7 170
5 8 175
5 9 180
5 10 185
5 11 190
6' 200
6 1 210
6 2 220
6 3 230
How much LBM in those weights? or what %BF? I am 6'1'' now @ 210 but my physique aint nothin "classic"......LOL (18% BF)
Gallery of kiosk