Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training destroying performance at work

glinski

Hello,

Basically, when things start to get good at the gym - increasing weight, etc... everything else in life start to get affected because of the fatigue of training.

Right after the training is the worst: sleepy, lethargy and tired. My job requires creativity. Creativity + fatigue = nothing done. When I lay off training for some reason, my productivity goes to the roof, so this is getting to the point that soon I will have to choose between weight training and work (And I don't want to).

Some things to consider

190lb
13% BF
800mg test bulk cycle, but this always happened to me, since I was a natural. I start get heavy at the gym and everything else start to decay.
4000kcals a day, plenty of protein.
Taking Opti-men just to be sure
Good sleep. I work at home-office and get at least 8 hours of sleepy a day.
I don't abuse stimulants. Just taking some coffe before working out

Training:

5 day split, each muscle once a week. About 4 or 5 exercises for each. I don't want to bore you guys listing everything I do at the gym, what I can tell is that I don't do anything crazy. I do 3 to 4 sets, 6 to 8 reps. Do the most famous compounds exercises and put a little isolator here and there.

Should I decrease volume ? Choose a split with less days ?

What about specific vitamins, minerals or something else I could take to help with this matter ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm really starting to get really nervous about this...

Hello,

Basically, when things start to get good at the gym - increasing weight, etc... everything else in life start to get affected because of the fatigue of training.

Right after the training is the worst: sleepy, lethargy and tired. My job requires creativity. Creativity + fatigue = nothing done. When I lay off training for some reason, my productivity goes to the roof, so this is getting to the point that soon I will have to choose between weight training and work (And I don't want to).

Some things to consider

190lb
13% BF
800mg test bulk cycle, but this always happened to me, since I was a natural. I start get heavy at the gym and everything else start to decay.
4000kcals a day, plenty of protein.
Taking Opti-men just to be sure
Good sleep. I work at home-office and get at least 8 hours of sleepy a day.
I don't abuse stimulants. Just taking some coffe before working out

Training:

5 day split, each muscle once a week. About 4 or 5 exercises for each. I don't want to bore you guys listing everything I do at the gym, what I can tell is that I don't do anything crazy. I do 3 to 4 sets, 6 to 8 reps. Do the most famous compounds exercises and put a little isolator here and there.

Should I decrease volume ? Choose a split with less days ?

What about specific vitamins, minerals or something else I could take to help with this matter ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm really starting to get really nervous about this...

I'd up cals and workout less. Working out is a hobby it's not footing your bills. Work should always come first

Your body needs time to adapt. You are burning out. Give yourself something easy, then gradually add on to it, without your ego getting in the way. It doesn't matter if you feel you aren't working out enough, you have to make up for going to work aswell. When your body is used to it then you can increase your stress levels.

When's the last time you took a break from lifting? Like the others mentioned, unless you are able to make a living as a pro bb, don't quit your day job. Seriously though, rest helps greatly, how long have you been on cycle?

Good posts from my bros but two key things u left out

Ur age.. This can play a big part in ur training regimine

Also I did not see if u posted anything about estrogen control estro flux is a very big player in feeling " drained " low or high

Did u ever get bloods done before u started to cycle to see ur base line ?

I'm thinking with what ur describing that ur hormones are not balanced at all! Even when running high doses or even low ones for that matter there needs to be a hormonal balance or all ur shit will be jacked up!

Even if u had the issues before cycle

People do have imbalances that cause these issues

Sounds to me like something is off

These guys gave you some great advice on the training side and getting blood work. I know the feeling of being tired and zoning out after the gym, because I work a lot in the office and at home.

One thing I'll ask if you've spent much time looking at the other side of things, with your job productivity. I read an article about a productivity coach once and googled him, then found this productivity guide (just scroll down a little). It's supposed to be for poker players, but take out the word 'poker' and it's pretty much for anybody - especially office and home-based workers. The guide is free, there's no download, some of the info is pretty basic, but a lot of the other stuff should help you like it did me.

Lots of good advice here.

I can add that from my experience, when I have lots of other shit to do, I'll do a 3 split:
1) whole body workout - moderate
2) upper body workout - heavy
3) lower body workout - heavy

This works wonders for gaining strength if you set it up right, and free's up a lot of time compared to a 5 split, even if the total time spent in the gym isn't necessarily that different.

Top Bottom