Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best for Excercise for Bicep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synpax

I have been doing EZ bar curls with pinky over thumb. As the weight on the bar has increased, so has the wrist stress. I get a feeling I'm not doing as much for my biceps as possible and I think they are lagging.

One is the ONE best bicep grower/strengthener exercise I can do 5x5?

In correct form... I don't think I've ever found anything better than barbell curls for biceps. Seated incline dumbbell curls with your elbows slightly behind your body are a close second.

I think the biggest problem most people have developing biceps is not so much the choice of exercise as it is lousy form. It only takes a little rocking to blow the isolation... and most people try to work with a heavier weight than they can handle... so they get the weight up with that tiny little rock.

Synpax said:
I have been doing EZ bar curls with pinky over thumb. As the weight on the bar has increased, so has the wrist stress. I get a feeling I'm not doing as much for my biceps as possible and I think they are lagging.

One is the ONE best bicep grower/strengthener exercise I can do 5x5?
There is no greater bicep exercise than straight barbell curls. EZ bar curls are effective, but make no mistake - they are second fiddle due to the angled bar. I can't say how much less effective the EZ bar is, but it is less effective at direct training of the bicep muscles.

Stick with straight bar curls and hammer curls (always stand during bicep exercises) and you'll be doing as much as can be done to grow your biceps and forearms.

Powerdup - you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

A straight bar targets the bicep LESS. The bicep is only directly targeted when the pinky is ABOVE the thumb and that is what the EZ bar facilitates.

Sofageorge - yeah, I'm really careful about the form on these. I have my back against a wall and my elbows locked to my sides. One of the other bi excercises I do are reverse preacher curls (use the preacher bench but facing the opposite direction so my arm hangs straight down.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom