Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps

stacked36

I cannot seem to make any gains on my biceps. I usually do 4 to 5 sets of 8 to 12 reps. What can I do to make better gains

throw in some supersets, shock you bi's with different angles. And i hope your always doing BB curls also weighted chins will give and added pump to your bi's.

AHHHHHH......

GO HEAVY!!!

The point is to gain mass, then load it up and and bust ya ass.

if you are getting 3-4 sets of 12 the weight is to light. "IF YOU AIN'T STRAINING AND STRUGGLIN' ITS TOO LIGHT!!!

UP THE ANTI.

jus' throwin' pennies in the fountain...

try doing more sets, i do 12 sets on small bodyparts where as most ppl say only do 4, 6 at the most. though i have made great gains and i have always done this money sets, people respond differently. here is a sample routine i reccomend:

*seated preacher ez-bar curl (or standing barbell curl): 4 X 10, 8, 6, 4 (pyramid weight up each set)
*seated alternating dumbell curls: 3 X 10, 8, 6 (i pick a weight i can do around 10 reps for each arm and do as many reps as i can with this weight the first and second set, then on the last set i get the next heavier set of dumbells which is five up on each dumbeel in my gym and do as many as i can which is around 6 usually)
*concentration curls: 4 X 8-10 (finish workout off with a nice exercise to work the peak and just use the same weight and try to get 8-10, up weight whenever possible)

that is my favorite routine, try it if you want and see how it goes.

*Keep the reps under 8. The biceps muscle is predominatley fast twitch so reps of 6 and 4 are even better.
*Straight bar curls with lots of weight. I like to use enough weight that I can get four reps then take some weight of each side do four more and go down until I can't evne curl the bar
*Also traning the brachialis can add alot of size to the arm if its underdeveloped. Exercises that hit the brachialis are Reverse curls, Zottaman curls(sp?), hammer curls, and one that seems to work really well for me is hammer curls done on an incline bench set at about 45 degrees.

Top Bottom