Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will Nolvadex help with Deca gyno?

Panerai, I believe the definition of an aromatized steroid is one having a phenolic A ring. If an enzyme creates this ring it is by definition an aromatase. The only way to get from deca to estrogen is to have an aromatase acting at some step in the process.

MisterX, it is certainly true that estrogen upregulates the progesterone receptor. However, the role of the progesterone receptor in gynecomastia is not known. As I understand it, current thought is that progesterone may indirectly contribute to gynecomastia by stimulating prolactin release. As I pointed out earlier, RU-486 has been reported to cause gynecomastia, so progesterone blockade is no guarantee against gyno; on the contrary it may contribute to gyno. This makes sense because progesterone is thought to downregulate the estrogen receptor. Studies have shown that when the action of progesterone is blocked by RU-486, there is an upregulation of the estrogen receptor. (1), (2).

While it is clear from many studies that IGF-1 is a factor in breast cancer development, its role and the role of GH in gynecomastia are unclear. Unlike with breast cancer, tissue from gyno patients is not neoplastic. That said, gyno has been reported as a side effect from GH use. (3) This may very well result from the fact that GH binds to the prolactin receptor. (4)

I would not rely on the single published study of winstrol binding to the progesterone receptor to assume winstrol can prevent gyno. There are no studies showing that this is the case. It worries me that newbies will take this to heart and end up regretting it.

(1) : Int J Biol Markers 1995 Jan-Mar;10(1):47-54

Progesterone agonists and antagonists induce down- and up-regulation of estrogen receptors and estrogen inducible genes in human breast cancer cell lines.

Savoldi G, Ferrari F, Ruggeri G, Sobek L, Albertini A, Di Lorenzo D.

(2): Fertil Steril 2002 Feb;77(2):366-72

Administration of an antiprogesterone up-regulates estrogen receptors in the endometrium of women using Norplant: a pilot study.

Glasier AF, Wang H, Davie JE, Kelly RW, Critchley HO.

(3) J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 1998 May;53(3):M183-7

Side effects resulting from the use of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-I as combined therapy to frail elderly patients.

Sullivan DH, Carter WJ, Warr WR, Williams LH.

(4)Oncogene 2000 Feb 21;19(8):1072-6

The role of prolactin and growth hormone in breast cancer.

Nandi, I just reread the whole thread and noticed that Weam already answered about Nandrolone's aromatisation.
Yes, you can call it aromatisation, because it does convert somewhat to estrogen, but the point is that aromatise enzyme is not involved, that's what makes big and important difference.

Top Bottom