Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why are steroids illegal and immoral?

Mr_Pincushonass said:
Because there is too many morons out there that get screwed up on them. Im glad there illegal, more for me, less for everyone who wants it and cant get it.

There are more deaths and screw ups due to alcohol and tobacco usage than anything else so what are they still legal????????

bigkraut said:
The unauthorized use of anabolic steroids is wrong only b/c of a law prohibiting said use. Absent such a law, it's a morally indifferent act. It's not like abusing a child. We don't need a law to tell us that's wrong. Child abuse is evil in and of itself. Obviously, there's no moral turpitude involved with A.A.S. use.

There was a big hue and cry in the media about steroid use at the 1988 Olympics in general and by Ben Johnson, the notorious runner, in particular. Books like "A Death In The Locker Room", anti-steroid "After School Specials", former gear using athletes getting up on their soap boxes bashing gear, the I.O.C. and U.S.O.C. demonizing a.a.s. in the wake of the Johnson debacle, and the media blitz that followed it, etc, was too much for the politicians to take. Many of them were clamoring for the media spotlight as champions of the anti-steroid movement. It was political opportunism plain and simple. The Anabolic Steroid Control Act was snuck into the Omnibus Crime Control Bill of 1989 that was signed by president Bush, and the rest, as they say, is history. I don't know if the President was all that enthused about the the A.S.C.A., but their were things in that crime bill that he very much wanted. Remember, there was no line item veto back then. As President, he couldn't strike out any part of the bill without vetoing the whole bill. And he wasn't going to sacrifice that whole bill just to keep a.a.s. from becoming controlled substances.

Politics, ain't it a bitch?

Perfect answer - but you forgot to add that no politician now would ever sponser a bill to legalize aas. It would be political suicide because of public perception.
Now - if someone got up there and told the truth about how much money we are spending to try and stop aas and weed and prescription drugs from canada/mexico from entering this country and how much we would make if we just taxed the hell out of them like alcohol or cigs...then people would see the whole thing differently. People can make anything moral if there is money involved (cough, war, cough, oil)

Very good points made on this thread. I d never thought about the whole trans gender debate before! Thats f*cked up!

A Man cant use hormones to be more manly but can get it done for free if he wants to go the other way?????????!!!!!!!!!(in the uk they get it done on the NHS)

Thanks for bringing that up, im mad as hell now. :evil:

That whole transgender thing is an absolute crock. If i woke up tommorow, went to the doc and said i felt i was a dog born into a male humans body by mistake, I would be in the back of the fun wagon on my way to a secure unit before i could say Woof.

But if a man or woman decides that they were actualy born into the wrong body, its politically incorrect to label them as having a serious mental disorder and so they get their body changed. At least in the US its not paid for by taxes but if you live in the UK, youve got to pay for this madness!

Rod555 said:
At least in the US its not paid for by taxes but if you live in the UK, youve got to pay for this madness!

But you can get it paid for by insurance, which is close enough.
If a man wants to become a woman, he can do so for FREE.
But if he wants to be more manly, he can spend 5 years in the pokey.

Can anyone clear up for me how serious the whole legality of gear thing is in the US? Because it seems when asked about sources or any slightly incriminating information the US bros on this sight run a mile.
In the UK seroids are classed as a class C drug which would put them along side Valium, Tamazopan, stuff that you should have a perscription for, ie the least serious group, which never warrents police attention. i dont know anyone whos been busted for selling or possesing AS. And ive never heard of any busts on the news as i commonly hear about Weed, X, Smack, coke (very big at the moment in uk) etc. And to be honest, the police would not bother unless you were importing vast, vast amounts. They sure as hell wouldnt trawl through forums looking for ways to bust people!

Is it serious shit over there for you guys then?

It seems like everybody who posts in this thread is 100% for the legalization of steroids. Posting this in the AAS forum will likely get you this type of response. Posting this q here is like asking a group of Pro-Lifers, "Is abortion wrong?" Just a suggestion: Try posting this q in the general chat forum and see what people say.

You can't win an argument until you know what you're up against. Stop preaching to the choir and expand your horizons.

Just my .02

Top Bottom