Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

(When) Do you think the human race will defeat the aging process?

When will the human race defeat the aging process?

• This century, within the next 100 years

Votes: 59 32.4%
  • In the next 300 years

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • In the next 1000 years

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • In the next 5000 years

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Never, the aging process is hardwired in to all living tissue and cannot be defeated

Votes: 73 40.1%

• Total voters
Very bloody soon imo.

THey key is that we humans are not really very good with coming up with new things and we are much much better at adapting things to novel solutions.

Life extension actually appears to be by most-all acoounts to be a lot simplier that we thought in the past. Telomeres are a nice and simple mechanism that can be regenerated by telomerase (the telomere enzyme). Not only is telomerase simple enouf for us to use today it is also simple to use.
The beauty of telomeres in tissue is that the receptor is there but switched off.

There are other mechanisms at work in the body system as well.. the Growth Hormone subsystem accounts and compliments the telomere system to a very useful degree.

Animals can and do regenerate limbs and other body parts.. they can do it so therefore so can we ..

There is a small form of life that can be torm apart on the molucular level by radiation yet recompose it's DNA afterwards.

When it will be delivered to your doorstep before the others that live in your street/city/country is another question.

Nice thread, I have been thinking about this topic very often lately. My guess is that we are, at most, 50 years away from being able to get the potential of living forever. I mean, I think in a couple of decades cloning and tissue engineering would be ready to do their jobs. The idea is, for example, that if your kidneys starts to fail, what you just have to do is go to the lab and then they will get your DNA sequence and then they will produce a new kidney for you. And it would work for all the organs, except for the brain. If you substitute your the brain, you are substituting YOU, so you die, lol. But I bet that in the near future there will be drugs that will perfectly heal the brain.

And lets not forget that scientific advances evolves in a exponential speed. Maybe in 50 years living forever would be even much more easier and simpler then what I just described in the first paragraph.

It's already been done.
They aren't going to tell the world are they, there'd be riots in the streets demanding treatment!

As mentioned before, your brain would limit life expectancy since brain tissue is not regenerated when it is damaged or dies.

The parts of the DNA that are lost are called Telomeres but they aren't the only thing that stop cells dividing after a certain time.

The human skeleton is only "designed" to last about 50 tears in good condition.

I think extending life to 200 years may be possible at some point, but probably not much further than that, humans are limited creatures, there is only so much that we can know or understand after all we are only animals that have evloved to live in caves and catch other animals for dinner.

Anyway if we lifed for thousands of years we would spend our whole lives inside terrified that we may have some sort of accident.

The human brain is the most complex device in the known universe, it has more possible neural pathways than there are electrons in the universe! I don't think we are capable of ever fully understanding it or even capable of building a computer that can (as the computer would need to be more complex than the brain).

The only true immortality is the fact that we pass on genetic material to our offspring.

thats my ramble over.

xanax is unbelieveable for reducing anxiety and stree but it is extremely addictive even after taking it just like 10 times. Valerian root is crap. I took some garbage sleep shit that had valerian in it. It gave me a bad stomach ache and the next morning I felt like I drank 15 beers. 5HTP doesn't make me sleep. It doesn't calm me down either, it sort of makes me concentrate more like adderall does, and it keeps me up. Theres no way I would ever take it on a regular basis or take it during the day. It also gives me extreme constipation which sucks real bad. The only advantage is I have insomnia and sometimes I only get 3-4 hours of sleep, and when I wake up after haven taken 100 mg of 5htp I feel like I just slept for 10 restful hours. I don't know if this is just my experience with this stuff or what. I think it has something to do with the seritonnin that this stuff creates that helps to get your body into the REM stage of sleep which makes you relaxed and stress free the following day.

The human race is evolving at an excellerating pace to the point of no longer needing a physical body. We are after all spiritual beings of light! This has nothing to do with earthly (Man's) religion but the universal connection that we ALL share. The change from physical to spiritual is happening Now and is rapidly excellerating!

This may be as soon as 100 years from now but the time is not really important. THE FACT IS THAT WE ALL ARE BEINGS OF LIGHT and therfore never end. We have all been in existance since the creator thought of us and we will be here always!

Love to you all,

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." - Revelations Chapter 9, verse 6

Top Bottom