Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wasnt this guy an EF member... (in the news again)

juiceddreadlocks

rebuilding, getting there
Platinum
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7058264?MSNHPHMA

A chemist for the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative said in an HBO Sports interview that Barry Bonds and Gary Sheffield took performance-enhancing drugs, according to a report on The New York Times Web site Tuesday.

Also...
# Bonds homerless on birthday
# Selig will attend games
# Rosenthal: Good choice, Bud

Patrick Arnold, widely credited with creating a drug known as "the clear," told HBO Sports' Bob Costas that he never met Bonds but had heard BALCO founder Victor Conte talking about the San Francisco Giants left fielder's participation in the "program." Arnold was asked if this program included steroids.

"I have a very strong feeling about it since he was on the program. And like everyone else, the program consisted of the clear," Arnold said, according to the paper.

Both Bonds and Sheffield have told a federal grand jury that they did not knowingly use steroids. Bonds remains under investigation.

Conte released a statement denying he had told Arnold that Bonds used steroids, according to the report.
advertisement
STORY TOOLS:

print
send
blog LIKE THIS STORY?

"The program I created for Barry was a comprehensive nutritional supplementation regimen and had nothing to do with the clear or any other anabolic steroids," Conte said in the statement, according to the Times.

Bonds told the grand jury that he thought he was taking flaxseed oil, rather than the clear.

Arnold disputed that claim.

"I guess it's possible that Barry had never tasted flaxseed oil and said, 'Well, I guess this is flaxseed oil,'" Arnold said, according to the paper. "But it's pretty hard to believe."

Sheffield has also maintained his denial of steroid use, saying that "they are something you shoot in your butt."

"That's an ignorant statement," Arnold said of the Detroit Tiger slugger's comments, according to the Times. "That's some sort of weird rationalization. No, he took steroids. This is a bona fide anabolic steroid."

Bonds has hit 753 career home runs and is three shy of breaking Hank Aaron's all-time record.

Top Bottom