Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Want to compete in NPC men's physique

calpoly

Yes i know laugh at the guy who wants to compete in physique, ill take it. lol Anways, I dont have much knowledge in competing, but I know I want to eventually start competing in the NPC mens physique (i like the aesthetic look). Can you guy give me any advice? Should i start right in the NPC with no experience, or should I do local level shows? Im currently 21, and I feel like i need to take 2 years to gain some more mass to even be qualified. I'm currently 5'8'' 175 @7.91%. I would like to be at least 185-190 @5% on stage.

help? I'm not sure where to start

y dont you just do the middleweight novice division? you can compete in it as many times as you wish until you win then you must move up. with those stats you are aiming for you should do pretty well.

step 1 is go to one and watch... at 21 you have a long time ahead of you so no rush

I agree with Steve, go to a show and see what you're going to be up against. Honestly 5'8, 190 and 5% is pushing it for mens physique. Ultra lean or very muscular is marked down and with those numbers you're right in between - too small for bodybuiling and too big for physique. Al ot of physique is packaging. How do you come across on stage? Do the lights like you (it's wierd but some people look great in the lights and some don't and it's not always muscularity or BF%)? Doing a local show is one way but doing an NPC novice is probably a better choice for you. Honestly, your height and weight and just a bit lower in BF wins some pretty good sized shows in mens physique, even in the open division. But again, it's the presentation and how you connect with the judges as much as the other stuff.

also load up in tickets and spread them out, bring a group there with you to cheer you on. when you step on stage it will suck having no one clapping for you, but having 20 people screaming your number will motivate you during your routine :)

I agree with Steve, go to a show and see what you're going to be up against. Honestly 5'8, 190 and 5% is pushing it for mens physique. Ultra lean or very muscular is marked down and with those numbers you're right in between - too small for bodybuiling and too big for physique. Al ot of physique is packaging. How do you come across on stage? Do the lights like you (it's wierd but some people look great in the lights and some don't and it's not always muscularity or BF%)? Doing a local show is one way but doing an NPC novice is probably a better choice for you. Honestly, your height and weight and just a bit lower in BF wins some pretty good sized shows in mens physique, even in the open division. But again, it's the presentation and how you connect with the judges as much as the other stuff.

Thanks for the advice!! Yea ill head to a show this spring and see what Im up against. When i move to pheonix im going to try and connect with Matt Christainer and see if I could work with him. Do you compete in MPD?

Thanks for the advice!! Yea ill head to a show this spring and see what Im up against. When i move to pheonix im going to try and connect with Matt Christainer and see if I could work with him. Do you compete in MPD?

I'm doing mens physique masters and may do open at a show in July depending on conditioning at the shows date.. Probably 2 shows this year, maybe 3 if I can motivate myself to stay lean that long.

Top Bottom