Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training to FAILURE!!!

Let's see how much you got left after a 20 rep set of Squats. Failure has its caveats, as does everything else. Sometimes training to Failure means your form goes to shit and you're heaving weight.

Let's see how much you got left after a 20 rep set of Squats. Failure has its caveats, as does everything else. Sometimes training to Failure means your form goes to shit and you're heaving weight.

There's no reason to bash me and by doing 20 reps set of squats I can achieve this by dropping off the weight after doing some reps to maintain my form keeping going.

There's no reason to bash me and by doing 20 reps set of squats I can achieve this by dropping off the weight after doing some reps to maintain my form keeping going.

You're getting rest while stripping plates. Not a real 20 unless you use the same weight. I'm not bashing anyone. Muscle grows because it needs to adapt. Why would the muscle need to adapt to you lightening the weight? Recovering from a deadlift workout isn't the same as recover from preacher curls.

I ask this because the other day I was training legs and did 10 sets of leg extension curls to failure & the gym trainer standing next to was shocked like WTF is this guy doing ?

Later when I was resting between sets he talked me though like this is bad for you, you'll get diminishing returns with this type of training your Muscle will rather shrink with this approach etc etc.

So help me out here

I was speaking just of the fact that there is always another rep to do. Complete failure would mean tearing the muscle or passing out. If you;re doing 30 reps, the weight is too light.

But it sounds to me like you just want to kill it. I say go for it. At 22 you have to push and see what your limits are.

I used to do a thing where a friend and I would pass a barbell back and forth and do as many curls as possible for a half an hour. Then there was squat day -- a set of squats whenever you can -- all afternoon. It was nuts, but we wanted to see what we had in us.

You'll make gains as long as you don't injure yourself. And at some point your body will tell you when it's time to back off.

Happy lifting!

I hit failure on every set, minus warm ups obviously.

If you aren't doing the max amount of reps possible at a given working weight, you're a pussy and don't train hard enough.

Top Bottom