Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The cause of "Deca-Dick"

i like this... lets bump it... deca seems to be extremely popular, so this should remain at top w/ the "newbie post"

thanks again stew

Most of the erectile problems associated with DECA are due to its progestagenic nature.

Nandrolone, popularly known as Deca, is a classified as a progestin. Deca derives many of its benefits from its progestenic nature: including, but not limited to, increase IM fat storage and increased fluid retention in the joints from glucocorticoid(GC) stimulation.

Deca is the most widely used form of prescription contraception in the first world. Deca is superior to testosterone as a form of birth control because its progestenic effects which result in rapid onset of azoospermia. Progestins are used similarly in women, progestins given to women in birth control pills and other drugs such as norgestrel and norethidrone are classified as 19-nor-testosterone or 19 nor- progesterone derivatives. Natural progesterone plays an important role in sexual arousal- affecting GABA to a considerable extent. The addition of progestins like deca which compete with progesterone and decrease its production may result in drastically reduced sexual arousal. Interestingly enough, the chemical castration of sex offenders, is acheived through the use of a 19-nortestosterone derivative.

peace

macrophage69alpha said:
Most of the erectile problems associated with DECA are due to its progestagenic nature.

Nandrolone, popularly known as Deca, is a classified as a progestin. Deca derives many of its benefits from its progestenic nature: including, but not limited to, increase IM fat storage and increased fluid retention in the joints from glucocorticoid(GC) stimulation.

Deca is the most widely used form of prescription contraception in the first world. Deca is superior to testosterone as a form of birth control because its progestenic effects which result in rapid onset of azoospermia. Progestins are used similarly in women, progestins given to women in birth control pills and other drugs such as norgestrel and norethidrone are classified as 19-nor-testosterone or 19 nor- progesterone derivatives. Natural progesterone plays an important role in sexual arousal- affecting GABA to a considerable extent. The addition of progestins like deca which compete with progesterone and decrease its production may result in drastically reduced sexual arousal. Interestingly enough, the chemical castration of sex offenders, is acheived through the use of a 19-nortestosterone derivative.

peace

Nice addition, Macro... Didn't realize that progesterone was also a direct libido supressent...

Is progesterogenic activity the primary reason for deca's reputation for aleiviating joint pain and irritation?

-Stew

I thought Bill Roberts had cleared this notion up.

"Nandralone converts to nortestosterone via 5-alpha reductase."

STEW, nandrolone IS nortestosterone. 5-AR converts nandrolone (nortest) into DIHYDROnandrolone (dihydro-nortest), which is a much weaker androgen than DHT. DHT is the major libido hormone in the male (and most likely females, also). Therefore, low levels of DHT (due to reduced test levels) cause "Deca-Dick". The fact that low DHT is the cause, is evident with finasteride use. Finasteride is known to cause libido problems due to impairing DHT formation.

MACRO is correct that progestins cause libido problems, but this is also due to reduction in DHT levels, since progesterone is a potent 5-AR inhibitor. So, nandrolone's anti-libido effect is most likely due to simple conversion into a weak androgen, DHN. Nandrolone's progestagenic activity is likely to be weak, since it does not impair exogenous testosterone from converting to DHT and restoring libido.

progesterone MAY be a potent 5AR inhibitor (something that I was not aware of) however to measure the progestenic nature of nandrolone based upon its inhibition of 5AR is inadequate. As a progestin, and not progesterone, nandrolone will have varying activty in different tissue types and in its effects on biochemical feedback.

The reason that I point this out is that even with the addition of Test, which upregulates 5ar, and is itself a potent androgen- most people, suffering from nandrolone induced sexual problems, still have sexual some sexual inhibition. What I am trying to say is that Deca dick is, in a very real way, in your head- it is a result of neurological effects of progestenic regulation of the GABA system.

just my little opinion though

peace

Top Bottom