Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tax break for suv drivers.

MortyJackson said:

Boo hoo. Cry for Sushi, because he works hard and cant pay his bills. Thats nobodys fault but your own sushi so quit trying to take it out on the people who got educated and make a good living. You may physically work as hard as those people but arent as valuable. Too bad. Your fault.

i can pay my bills you insignificant little puke. i'm not trying to take out anything on anyone so why don't you just step off. what makes a person more valuable? their money? not. the garbage men are just as important as doctors. without them who would take the trash to the dump? just like without doctors to take care of us when we are sick or hurt. both are different yet provide a very needed service.

bigguns, i went to school, i plan to try and go back part time on my own, no loans cause i gotta pay some back first, but it won;t be for four years. i'm thinking of renewing my emt liscence and trying to work in the field. but right now i'm trying to become a manager so i can get better leverage like you mentioned.

the reason i seem as if i'm complaining or whatever is that the government is not going to downsize, reduce spending or take a paycut. they will continue to rely on the taxes we all pay. in order for one group to get a tax cut the other has to pay more. whether or not it's fair, that's the way it is. i would love to see people only pay a minimal amount of taxes but that won't happen so the tax game will continue as is. nothing will ever change.

Sushi X said:

i can pay my bills you insignificant little puke. i'm not trying to take out anything on anyone so why don't you just step off. what makes a person more valuable? their money? not. the garbage men are just as important as doctors. without them who would take the trash to the dump? just like without doctors to take care of us when we are sick or hurt. both are different yet provide a very needed service.

What makes a person more valuable is what a company thinks that the person can do for it. Education and work experience are a couple of things to increase your value.

Garbage men may be important but any retard can be a garbage man. You actually have to put in time and a lot of work to become a doctor. They are compensated for that difference.

Dont you understand capitalism? Its a beautiful thing.

yes, i understand capitalism. i know doctors work hard and train for many years to do what they do. i salute them for it too.

Sushi X said:
yes, i understand capitalism. i know doctors work hard and train for many years to do what they do. i salute them for it too.

Then why do you want to punish them by forcing them to pay a higher tax rate? Even you realize they have worked hard and trained many years to get where they are.

Sushi X said:

Then why do you want to punish them by forcing them to pay a higher tax rate? Even you realize they have worked hard and trained many years to get where they are.

I would like to point out a few things.

There will always be "working poor" because our economy requires cheap labor to function. This is generally accepted by economists, somebody has to be the janitor.

An across the board flat tax system is unfair to the working poor because their is a threshold income required for the basic necessities. To make a flat tax system fair it would start to resemble our current system but with two "brackets", income under x would not be taxed while all income above it would be taxed at the flat rate. In our current system if you make ten million a year your entire income isn't taxed at the top bracket, your income passes through all of the brackets until you're taxed at the highest rate on the remaining income. Therefore , under my hypothetical double bracket hybrid flat tax system a person making ten million a year wouldn't be taxed on the x threshold minimum living expense but would be taxed on the remaining 9+million remaining. See how this is "fair" to both parties.

In regard to fairness and the overtaxed wealthy. When you have money it's extremely easy to make money so let's not boo hoo over paying more in taxes since the wealthy also have many more opportunities to increase their assets and with deductions the tax burden isn't that bad. When I made 40k a year my net worth increased relatively slowly due to the aforementioned minimum required living expenses. Making 120k a year my net worth isn't increasing 3x as fast but more like 20x as fast even though my tax burden is greater. My girlfriend is also a great example, she owns her own business and made well into six figures last year, built a 300k house and already has 45k in equity, but she's going to show under 20k in taxable income due to deductions, of course they're not all legit. She's been audited by the IRS three times and each time they give her back more money so they've stopped auditing.

There are also a host of other issues with a flat tax system which I don't have time to go into detail. It would also hurt the housing market since you would no longer be able to deduct interest and you would have to pay your flat rate on the gains from the sale of your house. Congress uses the tax system to encourage certain behaviors, discourage others and stimulate the economy. On the surface a flat tax system seems perfectly fair and attractive until you delve beneath the surface.

TheProject said:
Okay, so explain this to Mr. Finanical Idiot here.

Does this mean I qualify for a dedcution because I have an Avalanche? Or do I have to be a small business owner for this to work?

Anyone?

TheProject said:

i saw it on the news and from what they said it's for small business owners mainly but i think they might include anyone in general as well.

morty, i don't want to punish anyone for success.

javaguru, good points made. what do you do for a living?

:lmao: i was waiting for one of you to post this.

this is a COMPLETE SPIN by the media. the break is for small companies to get a tax break on any vehicle that they use FOR THEIR BUSINESS. not only do you liberals AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME that these people are all going to buy SUV's, you try to paint some picture of the republicans being behind some diabolical plan.

good try, but the rest of us arent buying it.

I work for a small software consulting company that has several Fortune 1000's as clients. I started as a software developer and now I manage all of our custom development and do pre-sales consulting but I still code on occasion because we are a small company(12 employees).

Top Bottom