Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some helpful travel tips....plus pics from Cambodia and Thailand (updated)

nefertiti

Memeber
Elite Moderator
Dear anyone who has a long haul flight that invloves at least 20 hours of total travel (including layovers): Please please bring in your carry on what I refer to as a "refresh kit." Including but not limited to, wet ones (for a quick washcloth bath in the airplane lavatory), deodorant, and one time use toothbrushes, to be used no later than 12 hours into travel. Please. This ha been a public service announcement.

The trip was awesome. I loved cambodia wayyyyyyy more than I did thailand, but I also didn't make it to some of the more scenic areas. But the people in Cambodia are all around way more awesome and not trying to con you at every corner. I got a little weary of the constant scamming attempts in Thailand, whereas my driver/guide in Cambodia charges me 15 for the whole day from 4:30am till 8:00pm and acted like I had bestowed an immense gift when I tipped him ten dollars. If anyone here plans to go to Siem Reap, PM me and I will set you up with the BEST people. I did reviews on trip advisor for the first time because my experience with the hotel and driver and one other restaurant were so outstanding.

(edit: actual travel tips in lower post after pics)

Some pictures (I'll keep adding to this as a resize them for your viewing convenience):

Angkor Wat-
I was sad I didn't get a sunset picture here....too cloudy both days I tried. But the lighting at sunset almost made up for it, as well as the sun shower...Most famous of the temple ruins I visited but honestly my least favorite. And really damn hard to get pictures without people in it lol.

oi6hqq.jpg

ixbhif.jpg

2m5jouf.jpg

2qno8p0.jpg

jv6b5s.jpg

330z8mq.jpg

eai72x.jpg

30bpuee.jpg

Next up: The other two well known temples I visited (Banyon and Ta Prohm)....but my favorites are yet to come after that :)

Last edited:
Re: Some helpful travel tips....plus pics from Cambodia and Thailand

Did you find inner peace?

Banyon temple in Angkor Thom:

xpr2tf.jpg

2u5g6x4.jpg

f9nxx.jpg

dxczgy.jpg

Ta Prohm:

(there's all kinds of reconstructive work going on and there are wooden platforms and hand rails blocking the traditional shot of this tree, so I had to frame these top two cutting out lower portions that included the structures)

bg78g7.jpg

34ht2qp.jpg

10gei3a.jpg

Next up: Some pics from my trek out to Koh Ker, a 2 hour drive from Siem Reap, and Koh Ker itself. It is a temple city in the middle of the jungle that has been left for nature to reclaim. HUGE area but I only passed six people the whole time.

Koh Ker:
My favorite of the ruins. It was a long drive to get there, but 100% worth it. Don't go with a tour....hire a private guide, it costs nearly the same and you get to ride in an air conditioned car rather than a sweaty bus as well as being able to move around at your pace.

Pics from the ride out and the ruins:

2qk55zr.jpg

4r5bf9.jpg

9ivibl.jpg

faww12.jpg

ezhlxv.jpg

3021287.jpg

mi2o36.jpg

j5jxpg.jpg

Next up, Beng Mealea, another temple left to the jungle and the sight for some shooting of the Tomb Raider movie.

Do you work for Discovery Channel?

Not yet lol. Almost did a special for them last summer (along with my coworkers), but that fell through last minute for reasons I couldn't control.

Top Bottom