Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-juice 5x5: Darkness on the Horizon

Casual, I'm guessing you haven't been reading up on the whole deconditioning thing much anymore. People over on the HST board, as well as Lyle's board, have realized that SDing doesn't do much to decondition the muscles, and that deloading is superior. Of course, deconditioning serves another purpose, but not the one it was originally sought out to.

Anthrax Invasion said:
Yeah, deloading is becoming the new thing. People will take the week off as per SD, but more for the psychological benefits, as well as allow the connective tissues some time off.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10249&highlight=Strategic+Deconditioning

That thread has a lot of discussion between Lyle, nwlifter, and dkm (two HST board veterans) on the entire matter. It gets pretty technical as it goes on. It's a good read outside of that, anyway.
That was a pretty neat piece (I actually skimmed through the whole thing). Even moreso because it explains the RBE question I got the other day http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443231. Funny, I basically sent the guy to FI and Hypertrophy Research so he could talk to Ron/NWLifter. I took the time to look at the HST discussion he referenced and I think this is the other half. I think the science aspect is pretty neat now that little by little we are understanding a bit more about the mechanisms of hypertrophy.

Tweakle said:
we can almost fit into the same pants now :)

good luck with this one, when are you adding the super supps to your diet?
Very soon. Possibly today. Just waiting for my pins to arrive.

The plan was to run this training cycle, then start something new with gear. But I've got everything in place and I know what I want to do training-wise (not much different from what I'm doing now) so I see no reason to wait :D

Part man - Part chemical. No weight would be his master.

I'm planning to get a full medical check-up in the New Year which could result in my taking the plunge. Good luck with the progress.

blut wump said:
No weight would be his master.
This cycle does have to do (in part) with my excruciatingly slow deadlift progress. In my last two cycles I found that I ended up a good bit stronger after all was said and done. For example, on db inclines I was only working up to 100's pre-cycle, and afterwards I was able to use 120's. I'm hoping to blaze past 5 plates on deads during this one and net a 500 pound dead for the long haul.

And I want some goddamn abs for once in my life, but I don't want to turn into a weakling in the process of getting 'em :D

It can be frustrating when a lift refuses to budge and it's not as though there's any glory in being natural. Some might suggest that it'd be better to fix the problem at a lower weight than a higher one, though, assuming you'll hit another sticking plateau later. With any luck the nandrolones will help with your back, anyway, and that could be all you need to get the deadlift moving again in line with your squat.

Top Bottom