Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help me with my diet -- eating enough to gain weight????

shardik1000

I am an active seventeen year old male, 5'7'', 128 pounds, and very, very lean (5% bf. yes, I know it's dangerously low, but it's an accurate figure, having been checked by several people, including my doctor.)

I lift very intensely, exercising each muscle group thoroughly. I can post my routine/split if needed.

This is my diet. Is it enough? Please help.

p.s. I am fatally allergic to all milk, peanut, and walnut products (no whey protein or peanut butter for me :(

7:00 a.m. meal one: 500 cal ; 15 g fat, bout 25 g protein
one cup (measured uncooked) oatmeal
one tablespoon cashew butter
one cup soy milk
four egg whites

10:00 a.m. meal two: 300 cals. 20 g pro; 5 g fat
1/4 cup (uncooked) brown rice
can of white chicken
teaspoon of olive oil.

12:30 p.m. meal three: 600 cals; 30 g pro; 15 g fat.
1/2 cup (uncooked) brown rice
4 oz. grilled salmon
one teaspoon olive oil
some veggies (tomatoes, mushrooms.)

2:30 p.m. meal four: 300 cals; 20 g pro; 5 g fat
1/4 cup (uncooked) brown rice
can of white chicken
teaspoon of olive oil

workout 4:00-5:30

post-workout: 5:30 p.m; 50 g simple carbs (grape juice or white rice or gatorade or powerade or banana) 20 g protein.

meal five: 600-800 cals ; 30-40 g pro ; 10-15 g fat
dinner at home w/ family. generally, lean meats (grilled salmon, lean steak, tuna, chicken, lean pork, turkey) rice, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, and grilled vegetables.

Is this a new diet. If so give it a couple of weeks and see. If not new then yes bump up the cals by about 100-200/meal.

bump it up

I agree, you should definately try to get the calories up to at least 3000. There are many other things to consider besides just diet though i.e. - sleep, overtraining?, supplementation (IMO it's a must to make the gains)

Is your goal to "GET BIG" or "STAY LEAN"? (considering that you cannot get any leaner w/out physical repercussions)
If you are trying to get big...how big? are you willing to put on bodyfat while putting on mass?
What supplemnts are you or have you used?

P.S. I would definitely ADD calories to your diet, at least have 3000-3500 cal.

I'd use whole eggs, not just the whites. You could probably add more nut butter in the am, and lots more leafy green veggies (you can get calcium from spinach, too). You're growing and while staying lean is good, I think you could add some pounds and benefit from it.

On a second look, I think your amounts are way too little--why only 1/4 cup of rice at 10?

if you're not gaining weight on it yet, it's not enough calories. keep upping it by 100 calories or so every few days until you begin to notice a slight gain on the scale. the food choices seem good, just more of it. but i had this same problem, i was too lean, i tried to bulk up and ate too many calories, wound up gaining a lot more fat than muscle, and I'm still struggling to get rid of the gut. So I would bulk up slowly if i were you.

Top Bottom