Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a reason to quit smoking!!! =((

Aside from what everyone else has mentioned, it's also downright RUDE! Eat unhealthy and be overweight, fine. Drink excessively, fine. Those don't harm others in the same room or place. But smoke? Not only are you killing yourself, but it's having an effect on me and other innocent people too, and that just crosses the line--the health of others shouldn't have to suffer because of your unhealthy decisions. (I'm not pointing fingers at you, there are some smokers who do handle their addiction in a "polite" manner and only smoke at home, or they go outside. But there are many who don't. And even people who are more courteous still smell like smoke.)

I'm glad I live in NY where smoking is not permitted in public places. I can't go out to bars or restaurants that permit smoking in other states, though, because even the slightest bit really bothers me.

Like i said above u have to find something healthy to replace it with..

I have ADHD.. associated with that is OCD which i have always been able to control thank god... but how i have done it is i repalce bad habits.. with less conspicuous ones....

Might sound odd..but honestly it works.. it takes 21 days to develop a habit.. for 28 years i had a bad habit.. when i told my neroligist about it ( the doctor who i see for my ADHD), he suggested replacing the habit with a new one.. i thought he was nuts... but funny.. it work.. now i put on lipgloss 24 7.. but it is much better than the alternative...

Requires will power

I got this from a site, I know the ladies have mentioned some of these above.

Reasons Not to Smoke (You know them...)

* Cancer Risk!!! - Lung cancer kills more women than breast cancer every year in the U.S.

* MONEY! It’s expensive (over $1000 a year for a pack a day, an estimation, it can be more)

* Bad breath -- others do smell it

* Stained teeth and fingers

* Cough/sore throat

* Breathing problems

* Fatigue

*Wrinkles (more, sooner than people who don't smoke)

* Arguments with parents, friends who want you to stop smoking.

* Heart disease risk, including heart attack, no you’re not too young.

*Gum disease risk

* It stinks up your clothes, hair, skin, car, pets, it goes on and on...

* Cigarette burns on your clothes or in the house, car, wherever

* Risk of second hand smoke to people around you (and your pets too)

* Nonsmokers don’t like kissing smokers. There is nothing sexy about smoking.

Link

More...

Top 10 Reasons to Quit Smoking

1. I will reduce my chances of having a heart attack or stroke.

2. I will reduce my chances of getting lung cancer, emphysema, and other lung diseases.

3. I will have better smelling clothes, hair, breath, home, and car.

4. I will climb stairs and walk without getting out of breath.

5. I will have fewer wrinkles.

6. I will be free of my morning cough.

7. I will reduce the number of coughs, colds, and earaches my child will have.

8. I will have more energy to pursue physical activities I enjoy.

9. I will treat myself to new books or music with the money I save from not buying cigarettes.

10. I will have more control over my life.

starlet said:
Aside from what everyone else has mentioned, it's also downright RUDE! Eat unhealthy and be overweight, fine. Drink excessively, fine. Those don't harm others in the same room or place. But smoke? Not only are you killing yourself, but it's having an effect on me and other innocent people too, and that just crosses the line--the health of others shouldn't have to suffer because of your unhealthy decisions. (I'm not pointing fingers at you, there are some smokers who do handle their addiction in a "polite" manner and only smoke at home, or they go outside. But there are many who don't. And even people who are more courteous still smell like smoke.)

I'm glad I live in NY where smoking is not permitted in public places. I can't go out to bars or restaurants that permit smoking in other states, though, because even the slightest bit really bothers me.

Very good post!!

I'm glad DE has also passed the non-smoking laws - it's nice to not have to deal with the smokers & the smell!! Ugh!!

RADAR said:
It makes your breath & clothes smell, [B]gives you wrinkles[/B], Stains your teeth,smells up your home & furniture,gives you bad breath---stunts your growth(slows metabolism)causes the arteries to harden,shortness of breath,causes strokes & high Blood Pressure.

Other than the reasons mentions, I think this is most important to me... how would you like to look 3-5 years older (or more) due to premature aging because of tobacco???

You will quit smoking when you realise that not one single one of the reasons you have for actually smoking is any kind of a reason at all. Every cigarette you smoke creates the desire for the next. So simply don't smoke this one now, then you won't crave another in ten minutes. You can stop smoking without a single craving, a single ounce of weight gain, or a single glance back. Every day you wake up you will be filled with the joy of knowing that you are free from the shackles of a dirty, ugly addiction, and from the clutches of big tobacco, who lie and manipulate at every turn.

Read The EasyWay (for women) to quit smoking - I can't remember who the author is, but he has trademarked easyway. You'll quit by the end of the book and never look back. And no, I am not in this person's employ - I simply am filled with the joy of never having to smoke again - and I quit several years ago. My training and my health simply became much more important than the idea that I might "crave" tobacco, or the stupid fear that I "needed" it to cope. What crap. It's a powerful drug, designed to enslave you and then kill you.

Do you still need motivation?

WOw =) im so thankful for all the feedback! I'd be an absolute moron to keep it up now. It may be vain...but the main reminder of why to stop is simply leathery skin and wrinkles...haven't had anyone in my fam have problems resulting from smoking so thats hard to make reality for me. But i really appreciate all your in put. Truely it's out of boredom, or was, now i ll just have to work a little harder at fighting the urge. You guys rock ;)

If you know there are places you go, such as to drink java, that cause you to want to smoke - DON'T GO. Just explain to your friends what your trying to do. Maybe they'll even go somewhere that is NON SMOKING so that you can't smoke at all! Wouldn't that be great? Yah, I know, some people just don't care, but hey, it's worth a shot, right?

I believe nicotine is stored in fat cells, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember hearing/reading that somewhere.

Over Labor Day weekend, I spent 3 days at my mom's house. She and her husband both smoke like chimney's (sp). I had to keep my bedroom door closed to keep my clothes from stinking like smoke. Even then, when I got home and opened my suitcase, it about knocked me over. My fiance was standing there and he had a FIT! I was so sick of smoke going up my nose by the second day that I really wanted to ask them not to smoke around me - but it was their house - couldn't really do that.

I quit smoking 2 years ago in October. I quit one day and never so much as touched another one. Sometimes I still dream about it and in my dreams - I smoke sometimes. But I know EVEN IN MY DREAM that it's just a dream and not reality. Maybe I'm wierd, but it's true....anyway......

Don't put yourself in the line of fire! Stay away from places you know will cause the temptation, and maybe give MissFit's alternative a try. Sounds like a good one. Find something to do with your hands, if boredom is the problem, working with your hands will ease it.

Good Luck!

On the radio this morning, it said that people who smoke 3-4 a day vs a pack a day have the same risk of getting cancer.

Top Bottom