Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Modafinil – Science makes sleep obsolete – by George Spellwin

Just noticed what this was

Modafinil? That's a med used in m.s. to fight fatigue also called "Provigil". I could actually get a script for this easily once I get to the doc, as I have ms. All the people who have m.s. and have fatigue says this stuff helps BIG TIME.

Can't take it but in the morning or else you won't be sleeping. But from what I understand, you will be able to sleep if you just take it in the morning.

Why would someone want to take this shit though, if they are not having issues with a medical condition. Is it not addictive or doesn't it suppress natural energy levels. I have reservations taking it myself if I start relying on it.

D

Last edited:
There was an interactive 7 day reality TV show called Shatterd hosted in the UK recently. They put the contestents through all kinds of madness including long relaxing massages that they had to stay awake for for the prize money. One girl didnt even microsleep that whole week... and you could watch it 24-7! She said she always had energy reserves and would deliberately cramp her own muscles to induce discomfort to stay awake. Interesting CRAZY stuff.

But one thing the experts of the show said was that staying awake for long periods can induce mild diabetes... so its far far more important you eat correctly if not sleeping for long periods.

Pete

I actually take provigal and it is not all that and a bag a chips all it does is make me feel not tired during the day but I stilll need sleep and get it.

rich197 said:
I actually take provigal and it is not all that and a bag a chips all it does is make me feel not tired during the day but I stilll need sleep and get it.

I've taken Provigal as well. It's definitely not a wonder drug. It keeps me awake but I still feel like shit if I stay up longer than 12-20 hours. It also has some side-effects similar to typical stimulats like anxiety and crash. It also looses it effectiveness after a while (why I quit). Tolerance raises quickly.

alycat said:
where can you get modafinil in Canada??

I'd be very interested as well. If anyone knows anything, I'd appreciate a little PM here and there:)

deltreefitness said:
I've taken Provigal as well. It's definitely not a wonder drug. It keeps me awake but I still feel like shit if I stay up longer than 12-20 hours. It also has some side-effects similar to typical stimulats like anxiety and crash. It also looses it effectiveness after a while (why I quit). Tolerance raises quickly.

Ditto.

I was highly disappointed. It actually works better when you're well rested and during the day, haha. Did make me more alert and motivated under those terms. But when I took it at night, it just made me feel really caffiened out. Not fun.

deltreefitness said:

I would assume that you were using it outside of necessary cortical activation through hypocretin/orexin receptors. For some people with cataplectic symptoms and clinical manifestations of intense, lengthy, and quick onset REM periods, it is a miracle drug.

Top Bottom