Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lets talk about romance...

humantarget said:
i got a date for Valentines Day.

i was only kidding ;)

I'll admit it's hard to be romantic when you've been married a long time and have kids. I mean your spouse becomes more like a partner in a business sometimes than your romantic lover.

Running the household, dealing with teachers and homework, finances, housework, taking kids to sporting events, career issues, etc. Plus our occasional spats.

It's amazing that we do sometimes find time to act like a romantic couple. Usually happens when we get dressed nice and go out, which we try to make happen at least once a week. Those usually end in a good love-making session too. :)

Longhorn85 said:
I'll admit it's hard to be romantic when you've been married a long time and have kids. I mean your spouse becomes more like a partner in a business sometimes than your romantic lover.

Running the household, dealing with teachers and homework, finances, housework, taking kids to sporting events, career issues, etc. Plus our occasional spats.

It's amazing that we do sometimes find time to act like a romantic couple. Usually happens when we go out, which we try to make happen at least once a week. Those usually end in good love-making session too.
Very well said.

Freddie's idea of romance is poetry, walks on the beach, watching the sunset... Too cliche? Too Miss America? Then...

Freddie's idea of romance is being possessed on the office desk, throw pens and papers on the floor and get fired by the head of the HR department the following morning, the same one who did you in the office the night before... Still too cliche? Too much drama? Then a Mercedez and diamonds will never go wrong. Believe me.

But I usually go for the smaller things: buy a little gift, prepare a special dinner, write a surprise love note, bring coffee in bed, take a bubble bath together, offer to help with problems, offer a shoulder to cry on, and assure him/her that everything will be fine. And listen to the other person. Listen, listen, listen.

I used to date a chick that had a lot of little tendencies and things that she liked to call "hers" or that would make her say, "that's so me" - ALL chicks have these things. and these are the key.

"her" drink was some soda crap. and "her" favorite food was some processed dessert crap.

so whenever she came over, I would always have her drink in the fridge and I would randomly make that dessert for her, which I did on her birthday. it took about 2 minutes to make and cost about $1.09. and to this day she still gets that look on her face when she talks about it. it's the little things....always will be.

KillahBee said:
I used to date a chick that had a lot of little tendencies and things that she liked to call "hers" or that would make her say, "that's so me" - ALL chicks have these things ...

I've never been like that and am not now ... (I have been accused of being a tad too masculine minded, though ...) I have to say Killa, you are just a pinch guilty of over-generalization ...

Nevertheless, the truth of the matter is a person could take KB's basic theory and expand it to encompass both genders. Romance really means that you pay attention to the little things that matter to another person.

This past Christmas my husband gave me a bunch of books, because he knows I love to read on summer vacation. With the exception of one title he was absolutely spot on, and I was just bowled over. In particular he gave me two books by an author that I really enjoyed reading last summer (a witty writer whose work makes me laugh out loud) and I couldn't believe he remembered that, it really touched me.

MuscleMom said:
I've never been like that and am not now ... (I have been accused of being a tad too masculine minded, though ...) I have to say Killa, you are just a pinch guilty of over-generalization ...

Nevertheless, the truth of the matter is a person could take KB's basic theory and expand it to encompass both genders. Romance really means that you pay attention to the little things that matter to another person.

This past Christmas my husband gave me a bunch of books, because he knows I love to read on summer vacation. With the exception of one title he was absolutely spot on, and I was just bowled over. In particular he gave me two books by an author that I really enjoyed reading last summer (a witty writer whose work makes me laugh out loud) and I couldn't believe he remembered that, it really touched me.

listen, guy - when someone says "All XXXX are this", it's pretty much given that it's a generalization and is not meant to be taken literally. for fuck's sake. but MOST chicks I have ever met/known were like that.

and if you read my first post in this thread, that is what I said - that it's all about listening and acting on the little personal things.

KillahBee said:
listen, guy - when someone says "All XXXX are this", it's pretty much given that it's a generalization and is not meant to be taken literally. for fuck's sake. but MOST chicks I have ever met/known were like that.

and if you read my first post in this thread, that is what I said - that it's all about listening and acting on the little personal things.
i agree on the listening and acting on the personal things
It shows that you actually do pay attetnion to our jibberish and you DO want to please us
i could like you at times mr KB

KillahBee said:

And how many CHICKS have you know well, how long have YOU been married? What's the longest relationship you've ever been that gives you the right to be so bitter about women?

And I freaking said you were right didn't I??? OMG, you are one of the most thin-skinned, hormonal bitches ... take a fucking Midol will you.

Top Bottom