Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

John Ashcroft

Ffactor said:
Anybody read the articles?

Yeah always. I'll bumpthis and remind allof us that this guy lost an election to a dead guy.

At this rate, it won't be long before some of us start getting arrested for stating our opinions on these boards, etc. I'd imagine I already have a nice Asscroft file on me.

MattTheSkywalker said:

Frack - Ashcroft is bad news. But he is the natural progression of apathy--->tyranny.

Why do people say that, like politics runs in cycles of tyranny & freedom? When was america technically 'free' and what will we look like when we are under tyranny? We've always had low level laws preventing people from utilizing their rights. Just 40 years ago alot of 'free' things we take for granted today were illegal. Interracial marriages, adultry, homosexuality, a non married couple living together. Not to mention McCarthyism, Jim Crow, or a variety of other rules & regulations.

I'm all for kicking Ashcroft out of office, but that is for his part in the DEA arresting people for growing medical marijuana in California. Stealing sick people's medicine because it violates your prejudices is too fucking far.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Bwood
I'll use the same logic on you. Do you make over $500K per year? No?

well, then you're worthless and incompetent. You are a loser and a parasite who is unable to pay his share for the freedoms he enjoys. .

We're getting pretty sick of you and you low-income earners. Here we are paying several hundred thousand a year to support this nation, and you chip in what? $30K in taxes? $50K? Maybe you should get less freedom than I should, or fewer rights.

You're down there in the 5-figure or low 6 figure range? You failure. Can't get a job that pays $500K? So you have to slow down the economy for the rest of us because all of your big purchases are high friction?

You're just a parasite that those of us who really foot the tax bill could do without. Stop wasting my resources.

the same logic??? please...

why do you equate receiving welfare with freedom
or equal rights???

the founding fathers sure didnt...

why wouldnt i call multi-generation welfare families parasites???

one is not a loser or a parasite based on their income...

never said that, one is a parasite when they think
that others should compensate them for their poor
decision making(you know, having children and not
being able to afford them, having a $20,000 car and
no health insurance/life insurance; smoking crack, etc...) you may want to subsidize that, but i do not...

and amazingly enough, people that only make 20-30k
a year can survive fairly well without welfare...

most likely could do even better if not toting the note
for the others that wont work and were able to keep
their earnings...

but following your logic, in the interests of equity, we should
raise the minimum wage to what? $20/hr, $30 /hr???

what is fair???

$50 an hour...why not???

you sound like a limosine liberal that lives in
a gated community when you talk like this...

you worry about ashcroft taking away some
freedoms from you...

you then think that i am outta line in equating
the confiscation of my money, to pay for social
programs that have not made one iota of difference
except for running up a toll in the trillions since 1964, with
taking away some of my freedoms...

not to mention taking away a sense of pride or accomplishment
in those that refuse to get on the dole and still have pride in
their ability to be reponsible citizens...

in short, pimping the human spirit...in the name of compassion and equity...

at least ashcroft looks ya in the eye when he fucks ya...

Last edited:
by the way, matt...

I WILL MAKE THAT MUCH ONE DAY AND
I DONT NEED YOUR OR THE GOVT'S HELP TO
DO SO...

dont demean my accomplishments by inferring that i or
anyone does...

you have no right to question my intelligence just because
i do not agree with you...

and dont try the "but i didnt say that" passive aggressive bs...

I HAVE WORKED IN AN ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL AND
HAVE WITNESSED THE HARM AND CARNAGE THAT
LIBERAL SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAMS CAUSE...

have you???

i want the life of luxury, but i damn sure dont
want it handed to me...

why dont you address some of my other points...

am i an elitist when it comes to accomplishment???

damn right...

no job, a lot of kids, no attempt at self improvement???

parasite, pure and simple...

bwood said:

the same logic??? please...

why do you equate receiving welfare with freedom
or equal rights???

the founding fathers sure didnt...

The concept of welfare was not an issue in the agrarian econopmy of the founding fathers. If you think they really meant "all men are created equal", consider that many owned slaves. They never considered all men equal, which is OK given the conditionsof the time. Irrelevant now.

why wouldnt i call multi-generation welfare families parasites???

because it should be apparent to you that success has as much to do with opportunity as ability. Why was Bush a C student and still went to Yale and then Harvard?

one is not a loser or a parasite based on their income...

Yes they are. I am paying all these tax dollars to get roads built, hire police, run schools, fund the military and a bunch of other services that people like you and the other peple not earning top 1% incomes are using a disproportionate share of. All these losers pay less taxes and get the same services. Parasites.

one is a parasite when they think
that others should compensate them for their poor
decision making(you know, having children and not
being able to afford them, having a $20,000 car and
no health insurance/life insurance; smoking crack, etc...) you may want to subsidize that, but i do not...

What about the middle class's poor decisions and inability to earn a top 1% income? Those were lousy decisions (you know, joining law enforement, going to school, not making $500K) you may think that is OK but I think you are a big resource-hog. :)

and amazingly enough, people that only make 20-30k
a year can survive fairly well without welfare...

Yep, because high income earners have paid for a society that makes it possible for them.

most likely could do even better if not toting the note
for the others that wont work and were able to keep
their earnings...

Those of us with very high incomes feel the same about people making average wages. I am so sick of paying for the god damn middle class. When will these people get it gogether?
Fucking resource hogging parasites.

but following your logic, in the interests of equity, we should
raise the minimum wage to what? $20/hr, $30 /hr???

what is fair???

$50 an hour...why not???

Nope, eliminate it.

My problem is with the motherfucking middle class people earning 50K, or maybe families earning 70K and looking down their nose at those who are on government assistance.

I am fucking sick of subsidizing the middle class's bad decisions. These people work 9 hour days and go home to their wives, or go out drinking with their friends on weekends, while some of us work 16 hour days, 7 days a week, write books, make business deals....and I am fucking sick of paying for their laziness and slovenly lifestyle.

you sound like a limosine liberal that lives in
a gated community when you talk like this...

First, I'd never live in a gated community. Tacky. House might have gates though....still designing it. Anyway...I'm not a liberal. I am just sick of subsidizng other people.

you then think that i am outta line in equating
the confiscation of my money, to pay for social
programs that have not made one iota of difference
except for running up a toll in the trillions since 1964, with
taking away some of my freedoms...

Actually,those programs, which are often admittedly wasteful, have raised the standard of living for the country's poor considerably. People aren't starving to death, etc. teh real challenge is to provide more than just cash in had for poor people...or something instead of welfare, like we have for the middle class. In short, opportunity.

not to mention taking away a sense of pride or accomplishment
in those that refuse to get on the dole and still have pride in
their ability to be reponsible citizens...

in short, pimping the human spirit...in the name of compassion and equity...

at least ashcroft looks ya in the eye when he fucks ya...

the government is not designed to legislate pride, thehuman spirit or any of that. it is designed to protect our rights: life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

bwood said:
by the way, matt...

I WILL MAKE THAT MUCH ONE DAY AND
I DONT NEED YOUR OR THE GOVT'S HELP TO
DO SO...

dont demean my accomplishments by inferring that i or
anyone does...

I hope so. I'm sick of all these middle class people hogging resources. Could you hurry up already? i am a little bit sick of subsidizing your opportunity.

you have no right to question my intelligence just because
i do not agree with you...

and dont try the "but i didnt say that" passive aggressive bs...

I questioned the intelligence of your ideas...not your own. Your ideas ignore the relationship between opportunity and success.

I HAVE WORKED IN AN ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL AND
HAVE WITNESSED THE HARM AND CARNAGE THAT
LIBERAL SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAMS CAUSE...

have you???

I've received public assistance.

My sister is a teacher in NY city. I know what you're talking about. where would those people be without public assistance? Jail? That's a hell of a lot more expensive than welfare.

i want the life of luxury, but i damn sure dont
want it handed to me...

It rarely is, unless your an heir or something.

why dont you address some of my other points...

You don't have points. You have a narrow minded way of viewing an issue without even a basic understanding of the root causes of the issue. Instead, you're isolating the symptoms (not causes) and suggesting we cure them. This is what government does all the time, usually for votes, and it always misses the point. Just like you in this case.

Opportunity----> success. That's the point. Giving people checks without giving them comparable opportunity leads the behavior you abhor. But take the checks away, and the opportunity still won't be there. More incarceration = more tax dollars spent.

am i an elitist when it comes to accomplishment???
damn right...
no job, a lot of kids, no attempt at self improvement???
parasite, pure and simple...

That's funny. I'll be an elitist too then:

Your opportunity in society is all due to high income earners creating it for you (or funding the government that safegaurds the society that creates it).

what are you creating? Can't earn $500K? we don't care that you;re trying....it means nothing. Results matter.

Take our opportunities and don't create others?

parasite.

nordstrom said:

Why do people say that, like politics runs in cycles of tyranny & freedom? When was america technically 'free' and what will we look like when we are under tyranny? We've always had low level laws preventing people from utilizing their rights. Just 40 years ago alot of 'free' things we take for granted today were illegal. Interracial marriages, adultry, homosexuality, a non married couple living together. Not to mention McCarthyism, Jim Crow, or a variety of other rules & regulations.

Absolutely, 40 years ago blacks did not have the right to vote. In fact a hundred or so years ago lynching and hanging was in fashion. We have made steady progress and I hope we continue to do so. That's why I don't like to go back to reminiscing about the good old days!

Top Bottom