Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i've gotten stronger now i need some mass building workouts. help please.

i'm never going to reach 200lbs naturally that's for damn sure.

my routine is: on mondays i do bench, dumbbell or barbell incline, cable pull downs, preacher or regular curls with a curling bar, dips, and whatever you call it when you do curls with a reverse grip for the forearms.

wednesday i do 2 different types of lat pull downs, military press, upright rows, shrugs, and another exercise for the lats where you put a knee and a hand on a bench and pull the weight up from a hanging position. i forget what it's called.

friday i do squats, deadlifts, calve raises, the machine where you sit and push on the platform (with your legs), and i'm going to start with lunges on this friday.

btw i do ab work everytime i go to the gym after the main lifts i do are out of the way.

are you 5'2"? Missing your legs? there's no reason you can't be a solid 180-200 if you can do the big exercises and eat enough food.

someone here telling you to do 'mass building' reps is benching 155.. if you want to get bigger you need to forget entirely the whole idea of 'mass building' and just get stronger for the next 2 years.

Your routine isnt great, m.w.f splits like that are fine when you're already big and strong but they're not the fastest way to get there.

Tweakle said:
Your routine isnt great, m.w.f splits like that are fine when you're already big and strong but they're not the fastest way to get there.
Argeed. You would benefit greatly from some FREQUNCY. Instead of doing a smattering of movements, pick the big ones and do 'em twice a week. You will be much better served by eliminating the 'fluff' and allwing yourself to squat, bench, row, etc. 2x/week. You can set it up a number of ways, but to keepp it simple just run linear 5x5 -- there's so much info on it that it's a fantastic default program for folks who are still kinda new to 'good' training.

Strength and size ARE corrollary; as the quote Tweakle posted states, they may not line up perfectly, but you WILL get bigger if/when you get stronger. I mean, how could you possibly add 100 pounds to your lifts without adding some muscle? You would have to go out of your way NOT to grow if you got that much stronger (i.e. focusing on low volume singles, restricted diet, etc.).

You're still a beginner, which is a good thing. What you need to do is train like a beginner so that you can take full advantage of your body's level of adaptability.

And EAT, man, EAT.

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Guinness5.0 again.

I just started a competition between my friend and I. He is gonna do fluff bodybuilding isolation while I focus on heavy basic lifting for a few months. He already has a bit of time and arm size against me, but we have dead similar bodies otherwise. I wonder who will be bigger and stronger in 3 months?

Pullup, row, overhead press or incline press

If you push weight, you should be pulling the same weight in the opposite direction to stay balanced. Row balances Bench. Pullups balance OHP. Squats and deads need no balancing unless you want to throw in front squats every now and then.

Top Bottom