Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many times to bench a week?

How many times to bench a week?

• Once

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Twice

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Thrice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quads (lol)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard most powerlifters bench lightly 3 times a week,but i think thats too much even if only doing a few sets and movements like they do,ive been doing 2 times a week with good results,whats your opinion bro's?

I haven't done barbell benching in over year. I only do dumbells and train chest once a week. Always start with incline dumbells. My chest has gotten strong as hell and I always get complimented on it. I think the dumbells are key...

Personally I do once a week but the best powerlifters usually 2 to 3 times per week but they train differently on each days. They have their power days and their "speed benching" days and such.

i believe once per week is standard, i know a few guys that do once heavy and another light (mostly stretching)... my bench goes up at once per week, seems to maintain or drop at twice and drops at three.

The powerlifters here have 'light' and heavy days. On the light days they take less weight and don't go for total exhaustion. On the heavy days more weight and total exhaustion. This is done twice per week. When I tried it, my bench dropped significantly. Maybe it is good when you skip all other excersizes like squats and deads so you recuperate faster in the chest/shoulders/triceps, but I don't like that at all. I stick with heavy days rotated with light days just every 5-6 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom