Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How effective is Modafinil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
whodaman said:
The stuff is supposed to be similar to ritalin but without the shakes or sleeplessness. I'm going back to graduate school in the Spring and my doctor will not give me ritalin or adderall but I know a few places where I can get this stuff (modafinil). Anyone have any experience with the compound????

I've tried it before. It's not really noticable, like a stimulant, but it does help in a different way. If you are really tired, it sort of artificially 'holds' you awake. So normally when you'd hardly be able to keep your eyes open, you can keep them open fine. It keeps you awake, but you can still feel the fatigue, although someone masked.

They said it was very effective on military people who had to stay awake for extended periods of time. I found that one pill in the morning and i'd have a tiny bit of trouble sleeping at night, and 2 pills in the morning and i could hardly sleep. I wasn't bouncing around or energetic, i felt tired, but when i went to bed i closed my eyes and felt alert and awake, even though still tired. Thats the sort of 'artificial alertness' i was talking about.

Give it a shot, although i read in a mens health magazine that it's addictive.

canadabboy is right, that is why i recommend taking 1 to 1.5 pills early(5:30am for me) in the morning. actually, it not supossed to be addactive. maybe mentally, but not physicially. read:
http://www.provigil.com/patient/home.aspx

lot of good patient info about it here, let me know if any more questions about my experience with it, i have been on it for about 8 months(except for weekends)

not bad the initial day you take it.... but you build a tolerance quickly. First day you get really concentrated. Then the following days you barely notice it. I'd say cycle it 2 days on 2 days off.

Have tried various dosages, 200, 400mg together, split,etc. It seems to have a good effect the first few hrs. Then I get severe anxiety and jitteriness.

Everyone will metabolize drugs at different rates. It seemed promising to me, but it is no adderall for sure. It seems to have more alertness effects. It does make you slightly for focused but not comparable to adderall. Too exspensive and not worth it at all.

Tolerance also builds within 2 wks or less as I have read on many studies.

M

I have read that it does not build a tolerance. guess we read different things. ive had not problems with it. It should not be compared to adderall or ritilin. It is completely different. just promotes wakefullness and alertness, and concentration. i have been on it for 9 months strait and on the weekends when i dont take it, i fall asleep after lunch, just as before i started taking it. so i know it still works for me

SwolK said:
I have read that it does not build a tolerance. guess we read different things. ive had not problems with it. It should not be compared to adderall or ritilin. It is completely different. just promotes wakefullness and alertness, and concentration. i have been on it for 9 months strait and on the weekends when i dont take it, i fall asleep after lunch, just as before i started taking it. so i know it still works for me

yes, that is correct. wakefulness is promoted through increased hypocretin (i dont remember if it stimulates receptors or production). Increased hypocretin/orexin leads to increased cortical activation. let me dig up an abstract having to do with this....

canadabboy is right, that is why i recommend taking 1 to 1.5 pills early(5:30am for me) in the morning. Actually, it not supossed to be addactive. Maybe mentally, but not physicially. Read:
Provigil.com

lot of good patient info about it here, let me know if any more questions about my experience with it, i have been on it for about 8 months(except for weekends)

did you get a prescription for it? Was it hard to get from your doctor if you did? I'm wondering how to ask him for it.

you are talking about Provigil. that is the brand name. Its good stuff. i take it every day at 200-300mg per day. It is commonly used for narcolepsy. but perscribed to be for mild ADD and help me stay awake and study all day. i usually get sleepy after lunch, and being pre med I need to study. No side affects like ritalin. no shakes or feeling like you are on speed. I do not think it will help your workouts. it just helps keep you awake and concentrated. It is not very hard to get a doc to write you a script for it, as it is not very controlled. Overall, it is a good medicine, just take it EARLY in the morning because the half life is 15 hours and you will never be able to get to sleep at night if you dont take it early

thanks for sharing your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom