Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hair Loss, Parts I, II, and more

Fredde said:
According to this study there is no medication that is really effective against hairloss in the hairline and frontal zone. I lost some hair in the temples during my first cycle.

My concern for the next cycle, which will be test and eq, is that proscar will not be effective against hairloss in the hairline.

I will also add nizoral, spiro and azleic azid (spelling).

Any comments regarding this from people that have this kind of hairloss pattern and used proscar and other supplements is greatly appreciated!

It's not really a study. It's my writing, interpreting the current data for you. Finasteride may indeed help with hairline and frontal loss, it's just been shown to be more effective against crown loss. Likewise for minoxidil.
No one has studied whether finasteride will get the levels of DHT down significantly during a cycle, where test levels are very supraphysiologic. We know that 1 mg of finasteride will dramatically reduce levels of 5-AR, and thus DHT after just 24-48 hours. But, if test level is at 3500, for example, will that cut it? I don't know if anyone knows.
We're really on uncharted waters here. I would thnik that doing whatever possible that does not cause harm would be in order: finasteride, Nizoral, topicals, etc.

drveejay11 said:

Hmmm...
There are some inaccuracies in what is said that make me a little skeptical. Plus, why haven't I heard about this at any of the hair loss meetings or in our newsletters? Intriguing, however.
But $500/month! yeow!
What really is exciting is the work being done on follicular cloning. What limits hair transplant surgeons from achieving adolescent-level density in balding patients is the finite nature of the donor area. When (not if) hair cloning technology becomes workable, (probably 5 to 10 years), then a small sample from the patient's permanent donor area will produce limitless donor hair. Then $ and the patient's desire will be the only major limiting factors in the achievement of great density in the vulnerable areas.

I am using 15% minoxidil on my hairline with success. I can see little fuzzies in the right light. As time has gone on, the fuzzies have turned into dark hairs, and my hairline at the sides of my temple has/is advanced(ing)

what about saw palmetto? I have read that it blocks the effects of DHT and is excellent for preventing hair loss.

biteme said:
what about saw palmetto? I have read that it blocks the effects of DHT and is excellent for preventing hair loss.

Bump to that. I heard that too and I take Saw while on for several reasons.

Great info.

notatrase said:
I am using 15% minoxidil on my hairline with success. I can see little fuzzies in the right light. As time has gone on, the fuzzies have turned into dark hairs, and my hairline at the sides of my temple has/is advanced(ing)

That's great! Just remember, if you stop using it, your genetically programmed hair loss will catch up with you rather quickly. With the currently available meds, we have to be willing to commit for life, (but just a day at a time!)

biteme said:

Actually, it doesn't block DHT effects. It's probably a weak 5-AR inhibitor, therefore decreases DHT formation. Not proven to work on hair loss by any good studies I'm aware of, but probably works to some degree for both BPH and androgenetic alopecia. Think of it as weak finasteride. Anybody have other evidence on this one?

saint1 said:
Will the hair that starts to grow when using minoxidil fall out if you stop using it?

If the hair loss is due to MPB or androgenetic alopecia, then yes, yes, yes. You will lose what you have gained quite rapidly (w/in months). See my response above regarding life long commitment to hair loss meds.

hey doc,

you just made my week with this post. Knowing that they're doing hair cloning and that'll be a matter just made my life so much happier :) question for you, i didn't have time to throughly read the whole thing, saved it for later, but how good do the latest treatments look? can you give me a price range? i know it'll vary but a ball park figure is all i'm looking for. I've got a full head of hair and it don't look like it's going anywhere soon, but it's great to know that i won't have to worry about it. thanks

Top Bottom