Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining muscle on a low-protein diet?? With and without AAS?

I have kidney disease so my doctor put me on a limit of 75grams of protein a day.
im 6'1" and 200lbs.
Im still increasing muscle mass due to the drastic diet change and improving my bench.

I eat plently of complex carbs and raw foods.
I cut out preservatives and any other impure foods from my diet.

I may not be gaining muscle mass super fast, but Im still getting bigger and bigger and people have noticed.

if anyone has more information on lowered protein body building I would like to know more.

I have kidney disease so my doctor put me on a limit of 75grams of protein a day.
im 6'1" and 200lbs.
Im still increasing muscle mass due to the drastic diet change and improving my bench.

I eat plently of complex carbs and raw foods.
I cut out preservatives and any other impure foods from my diet.

I may not be gaining muscle mass super fast, but Im still getting bigger and bigger and people have noticed.

if anyone has more information on lowered protein body building I would like to know more.

that s great to hear. It is also supporting my hypothesis. Can you give a little info about your diet?

I wonder if you saw huge muscle loss when you suddenly decreased your protein intake a lot?

thanks

Ive been on the diet for about 2 1/2 weeks now So I dont have much numbers to confirm, but ive been adding more weight all round to my workout routines in the past two weeks, but still need more time to confirm growth.
Theres no def loss in muscle mass, and it seems easier to become "lean"

In the mornings I try to consume complex carbs ( i try for an organic diet ), so cereals like flax bran and whatnot are a good energy boost for the morning.
Throughout the day I try to just consume veggies and fruits, I have a vegetable quesadilla recipe with light cheese that is very filling and gives loads of energy.
Based on brown rice cooked in thickened tomatoe sauce, spinach, mushrooms, corn, red peppers, and coconut oil - which helps boost metabolism. I make large batches and eat alot of these. On days that im good on protein, ill throw a bit of pork rib meat or chicken breast with this recipe, tastes amazing lol...
And if im hungry for a snack ill just fry up a big portabella mushroom.
Mushrooms are suppose to help with kidney function, which i advise all body builders to eat... because body building is tough on your kidneys alone lol.

When Im aloud to eat my "one meat" a day, i try to save it for after a workout or the evenings, so I have that protein in my system closer to a sleeping hour.
I do eat plenty of spinach, mushrooms, and garlic which are high in protein for vegetables, I also consume small amounts of raw unpasturized milk. Helps with digestion and its a better protein.

I also try to eat a small amount of fruit or get fructose in my system before I go to bed. I heard its suppose to help jump start the muscle growth hormone in your brain, which helps aid muscle building during REM sleep.

To be honest it seems like just pushing for muscle failure and doing correct workouts makes the most difference in the world, sure more proteins helps, but its not totally necessary.. But with my condition I definitely have to watch what I eat.

I use ascendo fitness on my blackberry to keep track of my protein limit and workouts. helps out alot.
its a great application for my phone and syncs with my computer.

I aim to be 210lbs by my 21st birthday, which is dec31, so i got about 4 months... lol

if you guys have any diet tips or workout routine tips for someone with my condition I would be glad to hear it.
Its a drastic life style change these past 8 months, and Im going to continue body building till the day i die! lol

what is synthesized shows on the body..for some it does naturally(genetics) and for some you need additional help(aas)..eventually the body that depends on aas heavily for protein synthesis lose some or most of their gains once they are off it..due to the complex way of life we have changed the equation of chemicals in the body..remember the natives of planet earth use to hunt for animals and eat them raw..they had enough acids to synthesize the protein and no doubt they all were blood group o..blood group also determines how you breakdown protein effectively..

Not sure if they ate their food raw, however I am Type O and have both my wife and I have followed a bloodtype diet for over 5 years.

Remember, we haven't been eating and living this way for all that long really!

Hmm never heard of the blood type O thing before.
I do have a natural large german build, as well as my brothers do, so I guess genetics are also helping me build muscle. As people in my family do get built easy.

i think there isnt a magic number. if what you eat is making you grow then you are doing good. You are getting enough protein. If you wanted to bump it up and see if you got more gains you could. if you werent getting gains then you werent eating enough.

vashx, thanks for your input and I am waiting for the results

gladiator, what you mean isnt the exact purpose of this thread. It is the arguement of whether gaining mass on low-protein diets are possible or not?? I believe it is possible but I also believe you will hit a plateau much much quicker this way..

vashx, thanks for your input and I am waiting for the results

gladiator, what you mean isnt the exact purpose of this thread. It is the arguement of whether gaining mass on low-protein diets are possible or not?? I believe it is possible but I also believe you will hit a plateau much much quicker this way..

Oh yea sorry im just so used to point out that you dont need 300+g of protein to grow lol.

I think you would plateau faster because you would have more muscle than the amount of protein i takes to keep it, ya know? So when that happens you could add more protein. Like 50g and you would continue to get gains.

It is possible. Not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder.

Oh yea sorry im just so used to point out that you dont need 300+g of protein to grow lol.

I think you would plateau faster because you would have more muscle than the amount of protein i takes to keep it, ya know? So when that happens you could add more protein. Like 50g and you would continue to get gains.

It is possible. Not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder.

Yes, I agree with that. This just came to my mind because Ramadan started and I will go to military within short time,, there are giving very bullshits foods over there and after I read Ellington Dardin s book, this came to my mind.

Actually you know what, there are researches saying that athletes need less protein than sedentary males. Look up for protein debates between John Berardi and Stuart if I recall correctly

Oh dude i was in boot camp for the marines for about a month, i was a squad leader and all. You eat a lot. More than what you would think, and its only the first 8 weeks out of 12 that you have to eat 3x a day and you get like 5 minutes to chow down the food. Last month you get an hour or somethin to eat and its laid back and you can eat all the protein you want! I actually didnt lose much weight but for some legal reasons i got kicked out went to jail and came back with pneumonia and lost like 10-15lbs lol

Top Bottom