Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front squat

diesel gli said:
do you guys have anything to back that up...?

i'm just curious...

ALOT of people with good knees that do them ATF on here say its good....

...and alot of people with bad knees that say going deep is bad....

plus some odd and ends of biomechanics principles thrown in.

I rarely do front squats with more than 225 anymore, my best was 275x2@240. I have done 365x3 zercher squats at 290 bw.

Cheers,
Scotsman

diesel gli said:
do you guys have anything to back that up...?

i'm just curious...

Hey buddy, where have you been? I can see you're a plat member with nearly 1000 posts, but we've done this ATF-knees thing to death!

I actually found that doing ATF front squats (something my osteopath reccomended) actually helped to FIX my knees.

I have never, ever been able to do this exercise. I have tried so many times and it ended in frustration. Don't laugh - but I could never keep from tipping forward. I can see the benefit of this exercise and was always pretty bummed I couldn't get it right.

Seems to build some serious quad size, at least for those I see do them on a continual basis.

-----------------
Mythicwrld

"We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more."

The success a person achieved in life after life is over is not measured by the material items, wealth or land they acquire. But in the lives they have touched in a positive way and the people who remember them with a fondness and a smile or a tear that they are no longer.
- my brother

Try doing overhead squats where you hold the bar with a snatch grip and then squat with the bar up there over you. This will get your balance set. Then you will find front squats easy!

musketeer said:
Try doing overhead squats where you hold the bar with a snatch grip and then squat with the bar up there over you. This will get your balance set. Then you will find front squats easy!

Good advice. not too hijack, but i might have to try them like 2 x 15 after todays's 3x5 workout.

musketeer said:

I find the OH squat impossible, even with a broomstick. My arms tend to fall forward, so I guess I have some shoulder flexibility problems...

seems like this is one of those things that you have to find out on your own...

i don't think i've ever even heard of an overhead squat... i assume you have the weight locked out over your head...? what's the purpose of this lift...?

does it target anything in particular...? seems more of a power lift than a building lift...

Top Bottom