Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For Mrs. Kennelly

BODYSNATCHER

Hey Mrs. Kennelly, first off, congratulations on Ryan's 800+ record bench press, and your win this past weekend. Don't worry about the idiots on GoHeavy - most can't bench an unloaded bar. They are on there to "push your buttons". I know, because I've "been there - done that" (had mine pushed there) - and getting off of there was the best thing/only thing you could do. I can really appreciate what you're doing however (hoping my wife would do the same for me) but not only as a wife, but also a lifter, as the lift was clean, and I saw the video, and I'm a WABDL judge. You knew the guys on GoHeavy were uneducated when they started talking about "start commands", as there is none in WABDL. The bottom line is, no one has EVER performed the BENCH PRESS with that much legality, with that much weight before in HISTORY. When AC did his 800 at the Arnold Classic in 1997, no one was saying, "I think he's good for 10-20-30 pounds more" - that's the difference here. Hang in there - and don't let the negative interupt the positive - An all time world record bench press - is definitely a positive.

Well said Bodysnatcher. I really think it sucks that the Go heavies find a way to bring down every lifter. I heard one say the spotter had is hand on th ebar on the way down. When from what i seen once th elift off was handed out it was down to business. No holding it just down and up. A good spotter lifts up and out and if it just drops straight down he always isnt in a position to just drop back lightnig fast.

The lift was good.

I could let the see a video of a 300 lb warmup and they would find fault. Ryan is King period!

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to hear more about the Mrs's lifts! ;)

I was at Borders yesterday and picked up the new PowerMag, and started laughing about the cover. The new issue is ALREADY outdated!

Thank you for all of your support with the GoHeavy situation. I was just in shock to see some of the things written, I think the one that really got my attention was when one guy said "ryan did not bench 800 pounds". I read that thinking, where does this guy get off?! But you're always going to have those who are jealous bring you down.

I'll tell you all what I benched, but you have to understand that this was only my second meet and I've only been full time powerlifting since March. Before that I was doing fitness, so my strength still has much to build on. Being Ryan's wife people think I should be benching like 300 pounds....YEAH RIGHT!!!!!! I'm nowhere near that! :D I won my division with 121.5, it's not much to most all of you, but now I have my first PR and I can build from there. I'm hooked on powerlifting though, something about the adreniline rush as you're lying down on the bench getting ready for your handoff. I love it! Plus I have the best trainer around!! :D

121 is excellent. It is a good foundation on which to build.

My wife just got 75. This is a PR for her. She was pretty
excited.

Absolutely, Geno. No need to downplay it, that's GREAT. What weight class? Are you doing bench only? We're all VERY excited about Ryan, but I, for one, want to hear about your PR's and progress too. :)

Thank you Geno and Spatts. I compete in the bench only and am in the 132 weight class. Back on April 20th I did a raw bench and my max was 80 pounds........ugh! So for me to bench 121.5 was great for me, with the right training hopefully it will continue to climb as I'd like to set a Washington State record by April before I'm no longer a junior and move to the open.

Thank you for the support, you guys are true athletes and we're fortunate to be a part of this board.

Melissa

Good lift and great job on the PR.

I just wish my g/f woulda stuck lifting with me instead of being on the treadmill. When i started her off the first day to get her form down(somewhat) after that for ME day i decided to see her max pause and I was surprised she paused 90lbs it was really not the best bench i've seen i mean she got outta her groove and kinda did the J hook type bench but she got it up herself. That was her FIRST and LAST PR. since after 1 week she quit powerlifting.

That sucks cubanito! I love lifting with Ryan! It was hard for him to get me off the treadmill too, but I'm glad I did the transfer to powerlifting.....I'm hooked! I used to be cardio, cardio, cardio....now it's been 6 months since I've touched a treadmill and I haven't done anything but get smaller.

Hopefully someday she'll come back to powerlifting, it took me 2 tries and now I can't get enough! I tried 2 years ago but did the same thing she did.....don't give up hope, maybe she'll change her mind. :D

Congrats on yours and Ryans lifts. You folks are a great source of inspiration! Especially since your up here in our neck of the woods so to speak. I'd love to get into pl. I've been lifting for 4 years now and boy you can't drag my ass to the treadmills! I do lots of outdoors activities. Good luck to you both and stay sound for your next comp. -Valerie

Top Bottom