Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anyone have roku or watch a lot of streaming video/tv via laptop to tv?

my cable is 80 bucks a month and its redundant as all fuck...its like 75 channels repeated 4 times ...it pisses me off

When you think about how much $ can be paid for cable in a 10 year period, it's scary: $130/month = $15,600.00, and $80/month = $9,600.00. A good antenna will last 10 years +++, and costs $40.

Charles

I just bought a cheap laptop with HDMI, connected it to my TV. I have Netflix and also pull many shows off the internet, all the main stations are on the web along with Hulu etc. etc. Netflix is the only thing I pay for along with a 5 meg download internet connection. Honestly 5 megs is just enough bandwidth for me to have Netflix on two devices and maybe some light web surfing. You do know the Xbox, WII,Playstation and some Bluray players are all capable of streaming Netflix and other programing off the internet??? I have one TV set up for the kids with a WII attached and they play games, watch Netflix and get local channels by ant. BTW the TV channels are in full HDTV when you pick them up by ant. Most cable companies compress the signal so you really aren't getting full HD even when they say you are.

Most cable companies offer HD but its 1080i and not 1080p

I can't get rid of cable, anything but cable, I need that mundane pleasure of stumbling into programs, I can't sit and think of what to watch, I'm a channel flipper :whatever:

Sent from my HTC One V using EliteFitness

Most cable companies offer HD but its 1080i and not 1080p

I can't get rid of cable, anything but cable, I need that mundane pleasure of stumbling into programs, I can't sit and think of what to watch, I'm a channel flipper :whatever:

Sent from my HTC One V using EliteFitness

a-HA! You're a present-day version of one of those people who would wear the contacts down to the stub, and burn out the channel change motor in the old rotary TV tuners when I was in the TV repair business!

Charles

I can think of a bunch I'd sooner cut than cable, however I volunteered to work today so I'm watching Hulu on my Nexus.

In addition to my cable, I currently use an Apple TV to pull in Netflix, Hulu Plus and Itunes. It's a great complement.

Top Bottom