Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Damage to new collider forces 2-month halt

I don't consider Al Gores work a waste of time. And it was the US Army that developed the internet.

Okay...?

The US Army developed the atomic bomb, too. That had nothing to do with Oppie's role in physics, right? Or Feynman's? Rabi's? Compton's?

I don't follow the Gore comment. I was assuming you knew the consequences of the field of HEP and weren't concerned with media propaganda.

:cow:

Okay...?

The US Army developed the atomic bomb, too. That had nothing to do with Oppie's role in physics, right? Or Feynman's? Rabi's? Compton's?

I don't follow the Gore comment. I was assuming you knew the consequences of the field of HEP and weren't concerned with media propaganda.

None of those guys contributed Samoth! It was the govt, duh..... LOL, I suppose the Challenger disaster investigation wasnt headed by a physicist either...... LOL @ who the govt turns to in order to solve problems.... :rolleyes:

Clearly this is an electrical engineer's fault. Or probably an electrical contractor. In theory it worked right, but it wasnt applied right.

I bet they used catia to design this thing.

WTF?

It's you Mechanical Engineers that work on the Cryogenics, which is why the transformer probably failed. Besides, it's a European Consortium that built it, ever seen NATO Sea Sparrow? The most worthless weapons system ever built. Unwieldly, incompatible parts and software, because no one country wanted to yield a subsystem to another.

Okay...?

Umm no that just saved the lives of thousands if not millions of people. So I guess to you in your glass house that is no big deal.
The Gore comment was a joke. Guess it was too low for you to understand.
So tell me since you are such a scientist or preveyor of scietific research, what significant developments have occured from the collider in Waxahachi Texas, you know that nice one that was estimated to cost $4.4B (yes billion) then was upgraded to $12B what was the great accomplishment of that?

Apprehensive how? In that you don't think the accelerator will find it?

I don't see it being the holy grail that many expect it to be. I think it will raise even more questions if evidence of it is found.

Don't get me wrong, it's a huge step. It's just the hinting that it will solve the problems in unification theories that I'm doubtful of.

I don't see it being the holy grail that many expect it to be. I think it will raise even more questions if evidence of it is found.

Don't get me wrong, it's a huge step. It's just the hinting that it will solve the problems in unification theories that I'm doubtful of.

Doesn't every discovery raise more questions? That's the best part of discovery :)

Top Bottom