Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chief Judge Busted For DWI and Cocaine Possession

p0ink

Judge Busted for Possible Cocaine Possession
Associated Press
Saturday, May 29, 2004

ALBUQUERQUE — A chief judge was arrested Saturday for alleged drunken driving and possession of a controlled substance after being stopped near a DWI checkpoint, police said.

W. John Brennan (search), chief judge of the state District Court in Albuquerque (search), appeared to be "extremely intoxicated" when he was pulled over just after midnight, police spokesman Trish Ahrensfield said.

Officers also found what they believed to be cocaine in the vehicle, she said.

Brennan was accused of drunken driving, possession of a controlled substance and evidence tampering, according to police and jail records. He was booked into the Metropolitan Detention Center at about 4 a.m. and released on his own recognizance a short time later, according to jail officials.

A passenger, Patricia Matioli, also was arrested on a charge of possession of a controlled substance, Ahrensfield said.

Ahrensfield said officers stopped Brennan after he tried to avoid the DWI checkpoint.

"He turned around at some point and kind of got caught in a dead end," Ahrensfield said.

A message was left at Brennan's home Saturday morning seeking comment.

The 57-year-old has been a state district court judge since 1979 and worked in the family and civil courts before moving to the criminal division. He has served as chief judge since 1983, a post that calls for supervising and managing the court and serving as the court's representative at the state Legislature and in other official capacities.

Earlier this month, anti-drunken driving groups appeared before Brennan to testify against stricter evidence requirements in DWI (search) checkpoint cases.

hopefully he gets the same punishment he has been handing down on the 'peasants' of his district for his 25 year career.

Yea, I saw this one too. Retarded.

Really illustrates why the rule of law is important: all humans are corruptable.

buddy28 said:
Hey poink,

on a sidenote. Whats keeping you in on a saturday night?

not having a job, and i don't want to be dipping anymore into my savings than i already have. plus, my parents got in a bad car accident tonight, and i'm just not in the mood.

p0ink said:
not having a job, and i don't want to be dipping anymore into my savings than i already have. plus, my parents got in a bad car accident tonight, and i'm just not in the mood.

awww sorry to hear about your parents.. hope everything is OK. :)

Top Bottom