Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio on sore calves?

Bobber

Would it be detrimental or is it ok to run with really sore calves? I did calves on Saturday and they are super tight.

Just make sure you warm them up and get them as loose as possible before you run. If they start to lock up or feel really bad then stop running and stretch them out.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Just make sure you warm them up and get them as loose as possible before you run. If they start to lock up or feel really bad then stop running and stretch them out.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Took your advice and went through with it. Stretched then did 40 minutes of interval training on the elliptical and about 5 minutes in the soreness was gone. Now hopefully they wont be worse off tomorrow.

Bobber said:
Took your advice and went through with it. Stretched then did 40 minutes of interval training on the elliptical and about 5 minutes in the soreness was gone. Now hopefully they wont be worse off tomorrow.

My calves usually feel better if I do some cardio after training them. Sometimes you can just run the soreness out of them.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
My calves usually feel better if I do some cardio after training them. Sometimes you can just run the soreness out of them.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Holy crap...I can barely walk today. Work is going to be miserable.

Bobber said:
Holy crap...I can barely walk today. Work is going to be miserable.

Try and keep moving them all day so they don't get a chance to lock up on you. I used to sit at my desk and just do foot rolls when I had them going like that. Also drink lots of water to help prevent true cramping.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I have never had problems doing cardio with sore calves, I just make sure to stretch them really well at the end. On the other hand, I have had trouble with hill sprints after hitting SLDL's hard the day before.

Top Bottom