Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Becoming a PT...

Kacey

I'm thinking about becoming a Personal Trainer, and it's become my passion at age 14. I want to get as much knowledge as possible while I'm still young, but I need a little help. What classes in High School would it be best for me to take now? I know things like Sports Med, but what about things like business and communication?

Also, would it be smart for me to get a degree in Physical Therapy? I've been thinking of becoming a Physical Therapist full time, and Personal Trainer part time. I've heard that trainers with those degrees are in high demand, and often go hand in hand.

And finally, are there any websites that I could go to to learn more about things I'd need to know to become a trainer?

You may be better off hiring a trainer. You can learn so much more from one-on-one interaction, plus you'll get in better shape!

You may be better off hiring a trainer. You can learn so much more from one-on-one interaction, plus you'll get in better shape!

Yeah just make sure the trainer is well experienced and nationally certified. Most trainers at local corporate gyms like la fitness are morons.

Yeah just make sure the trainer is well experienced and nationally certified. Most trainers at local corporate gyms like la fitness are morons.

your mom enjoys her time with me...

jk..

You need the cert, however having a cert or a degree does not give you knowledge or a personality.. both are needed in the business..

That i agree with, seen alot of PT's that are completly unapproachable, you walk up to ask a question and they look at you like "wtf, you don't know shit" really annoys me

I'm thinking about becoming a Personal Trainer, and it's become my passion at age 14. I want to get as much knowledge as possible while I'm still young, but I need a little help. What classes in High School would it be best for me to take now? I know things like Sports Med, but what about things like business and communication?

Also, would it be smart for me to get a degree in Physical Therapy? I've been thinking of becoming a Physical Therapist full time, and Personal Trainer part time. I've heard that trainers with those degrees are in high demand, and often go hand in hand.

And finally, are there any websites that I could go to to learn more about things I'd need to know to become a trainer?

Kudos on pursuing your education in fitness - if you're concerned about money, you're setting yourself up for a long and profitable future in the fitness industry.

But on the work and money issue, in training you always have to sell yourself and manage your own business, which are the hardest parts to this game -

No schooling can prep you for that - you must learn that in the real world -

So I recommend while you're in school to get some real world training experience - cut your teeth in a big box gym, and then go solo asap -

If you slowly grow your business while you grow your knowledge, you'll have nothing to worry about -

And about being a physical therapist and a PT too, pick one or the other and focus on it hard -

GOOD LUCK!

I agree with this because reading how things are done is one thing but actually seeing it work for yourself is much better.

Top Bottom