Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are children overrated? came across this article, thought it was interesting

stevesmi

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
There is an unspoken taboo in our society where if you admit that having kids wasn't quite what you thought it would be and that if you could do it all over again that you would have chosen NOT to have kids, that you are a monster, an evil, despicable monster.

The truth is a large percentage of parents HATE being parents. They will never say it out loud and they can't even admit that to themselves because "only an evil demon" would come to that conclusion, they think.
However, underneath it all, underneath all the B.S. is the truth that we all know:
Children are overrated.
For every precious moment where the little brat does something special, there are 1,000 moments where they drive you crazy.
They literally tear your life upside down. Marriage, sex life, your wives appearance, your social life, the list goes on and on and on.
Oh yeah, the worst part is yet to come - the teenage years. I could write volumes on this subject.
The reason people have children is because of this unwritten societal norm where the standard is to get married and immediately begin to produce offspring because "that's the thing to do".
Here's another fact for you if you're interested in the subject: the highest points of martial satisfaction are: 1) after the kids leave and 2) before the kids were born. Look it up, it's true.

I decided not to have kids or a wife...

And haven't regretted it one bit!!! I look at all my sorry faced friends straining to make ends meet, having the endless honey do lists, soccer games, Dr bills, bitching, whinny little brats, debt up their asses!!.....and me....well I focused on work and saving money and have no debt, date all different kinds of women, no strings attached, buying a brand new custom house that my friends and family can only dream about, and will be able to retire at 45.....
Yea, I may grow up old and have no one but look....most of you will be divorced and so broke after raising kids, alimony, child support, kids college...that you will have nothing to show for it when you are 65 and still have to work till your are dead......sorry thats reality.
My relatives have given up asking. They know better. Then someone always pulls me aside and says, "I would love to have your life".

I think most people end up having kids because 1) They're too stupid to know how to use birth control properly and/or 2) They have an idealistic, completely unrealistic vision of what parenthood entails.

People imagine dressing their daughter in pretty clothes, or playing catch with their son. They don't think about being awoken at 2 a.m. by a sick, screaming kid who just threw up all over the bed, and who doesn't give a shit that you have to get up for work in four hours. They don't think about the mortgage company threatening to foreclose, or the electricity being shut off, because the husband can't pay all the bills on one income. More people should think about these things, and fewer people should be having children. Parenthood should be left to those few couples who are willing to take the good with the bad.

Not gonna read that. Have immense respect for people that want kids. Friends that have children are the happiest and healthiest. No joke there.
My brother has 2, and his family is a pillar of strength for him.

That said, I don't want kids. Wanna be an awesome uncle, but that's it.

Not gonna read that. Have immense respect for people that want kids. Friends that have children are the happiest and healthiest. No joke there.
My brother has 2, and his family is a pillar of strength for him.

That said, I don't want kids. Wanna be an awesome uncle, but that's it.

i wouldn't mind having ONE kid. but only with a sane woman.

while i can respect that guys opinion obviously hes doing what he wants but i atleast want a wife. just hope she's the right one. i beleive some women can be the perfect partners. keyword some.

stevesmi worded it better ^^^ a sane woman lol.

You have never really lived until you've changed a shitty diaper at 2 am.

i have 2 dogs.. when they were puppies i've had to take them for walks at night or clean up their piss off the carpet etc. so i can kinda relate.

but a baby will cry for an hour, atleast a dog knows when to shut up after he gets to crap outside.

while i can respect that guys opinion obviously hes doing what he wants but i atleast want a wife. just hope she's the right one. i beleive some women can be the perfect partners. keyword some.

stevesmi worded it better ^^^ a sane woman lol.

haha. the one i am dating now has anxiety and has xanax in her purse. thats a problem i suppose. i'm scared if i marry her one day she will turn nuts one day.

haha. the one i am dating now has anxiety and has xanax in her purse. thats a problem i suppose. i'm scared if i marry her one day she will turn nuts one day.

dude i left my girl in chicago that has the same thing. but she is different then all the girls i have met. she is just straight up cool. never gets jealous. i just cant explain how shes different but she is. BUT she gets really bad anxiety and has super bad problems with her mom. carrys around xanax and shit. From a girlfriend standpoint she is perfect but im afraid of the other stuff. and she has super bad health problems. she gets sick like every month and doctors dont know why.. has strep throat and shit all the time. gets high fevers. its weird. if i marry her im afraid she's either going to get super sick or shes gonna go crazy because of her mom.

Or....you could do what my hubby did....find a woman that already has a kid (or two, in my case) AFTER the diapers and all that no-sleeping BS....and who are well behaved...... :) I wonder sometimes if my hubby actually wants a baby of his own (because I am done - that would be a deal-breaker), but whenever he's around his twin brother's baby, he is very glad he's never had to change a dirty diaper in his life......

Top Bottom