Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any of you ladies use Meridia?

C

Counterstrike

just curious this girl needs to lose from 30% bf started using meridia

no.............from my perspective that drug is for very obese people who no longer can eat enough where they feel full, since it effects neurochemistry only. It's not a fat burner, merely an appetite supressant.

Wasn't that the commercial where it said side effects include "oily discharge" :eek2: I'm guessing that's probably one in the same as "anal leakage" - YIKES!

Yeah Ceebs, Meridia is an SSRI. Xenical is the one that can cause oily and uncontrolled leaky stools. Meridia decreases appetite in some overweight or obese folks (but not all). I have no idea if it has the same effect in non-obese people, and I haven't tried it. Keep in mind also that drugs like Meridia seem to have little impact on long term weight loss, but they appear to help some people acheive short term weight loss.....

Yeah Meridia does not cause the "oily discharge" as it does not reduce the body's absorption of lipids. It actually effects brain chemistry (serotonin and norepheneprine uptake) to reduce the feeling of hunger.

Welbutrin works great as an appetite suppressant, too. Dumped 16 pounds in about 8 weeks when I got depressed last year.

Fawn

Top Bottom