Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another Space Shuttle Just Exploded

Zerxes

The "Columbia" to be precise. It blew up upon re-entry over the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, where there is now a State of Emergency being issued, due to falling debris, and caustic/poisonous chemicals used as propellents falling to Earth. Anyone in that area, please be carefull.

On a side note, has there ever been a more incompetant, wastefull(other than the DEA) Government Agency than NASA?? The Challenger. The Hubble Telescope. That shitty Mars Explorer, that never worked. Now this.

challenger was covered on a documentary and they said it was a fault they knew about but didnt mention because they were afraid of the costs. i hope it wasnt something like this

challenger was covered on a documentary and they said it was a fault they knew about but didnt mention because they were afraid of the costs. i hope it wasnt something like this today, but given they use the shuttle so much maybe it was just a terrible accident

all i know is they suspect it blew up, thats all they said on the news :(

danielson said:
challenger was covered on a documentary and they said it was a fault they knew about but didnt mention because they were afraid of the costs. i hope it wasnt something like this

They are showing video now of the Columbia launch, where a giant pannel clearly breaks loose from the shuttle. They are saying that NASA informed the Columbia crew, that it "wasn't anything to worry about". Sounds familiar to the "Challenger" problem you just touched on. I saw that too on THC I believe. It had something to do with the rubber "O"-rings, that they knew wouldn't seal below 50 degrees farenheit, yet they launched the shuttle anyhow, when it was only 30 degrees.

Last edited:
Zerxes said:

They are showing video now of the Columbia launch, where a giant pannel clearly breaks loose from the shuttle. They are saying that NASA informed the Columbia crew, that it "wasn't anything to worry about". Sounds familiar to the "Challenger" problem you just touched on. I saw that too on THC I believe.

:(

maybe it was something they couldnt fix

This is awful. How in the hell can you cut corners on something as monumental as a space mission, in the interests of saving money. Those are people's lives on the line.

They just said it was a piece of insulating foam that blew off of the main engine tank and hit the leading edge of the shuttle's wing.

gsxr1000 said:
This is awful. How in the hell can you cut corners on something as monumental as a space mission, in the interests of saving money. Those are people's lives on the line.

They just said it was a piece of insulating foam that blew off of the main engine tank and hit the leading edge of the shuttle's wing.

easy, just stop those space missions. IMO they're useless. Sorry but for me it's nothing more than another plane crash.

Top Bottom