Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Accepting who we are.....

They are there just not showing that much.
They show more when I smile but I had a serious face on in the pic.
Plus I was leaner then.... :-(

blueta2 said:
We are never good enough, thin enough, big enough, smart enough, rich enough etc?
I, for one, am always crucifying myself to do better.
This site a perfect place to ask this b/c many here strive for perfection.
I'm not saying we should lose perspective on our goals, but why the need to always be better when what we have is really ok??!
Why can't we just accept who we are and what we have?
If only the song birds sang, the forrest would be very quiet.

So, sing, even if you are not the best. :)

lil_brah said:
I'm at a different beach every week-end and I see hundreds of people who seem to be very happy with who they are.

I was at a huge National Park (beach) this past weekend on Lake Huron and saw so many fat, overweight women full of cellulite and they were all in bathing suits. AND of course the men with big guts, back hair, beer belly's etc...etc...

I'm just like "wow these fat asses just dont care"

I really have to give them respect for being happy with their own bodies. Good for them. Wish I could be happy with my not fat but not lean body.

That's what I mean....you get me ;-)

Great story

blueta2 said:
so basically, we will never accept who we are?
I disagree, I think at some point, we will feel content when we can accept who we are.
I'm never going to have c cup boobs or a great singing voice, so I should kill myself or tear myself down b/c I don't?!

No, we won't ever accept who we are. That's the whole point...humans, by nature, will never be content. We will never have everything we want because our wants are unlimited. We can be satisfied with what we currently have while striving for even greater (insert whatever you want here), but never content.

We all can always push ourselves. It makes us care and keeps us alive.
It is when we don't care and don't push, we die on the inside and then on the outside...

yonkers weights said:
It is the person inside me. I push myself to always want more. I want the bigger house. The nicer car. The better suit. The best lifestyle! I will NEVER SETTLE! It is just in me to push! I want to always improve myself.
As a friend, a man, a son, a brother, a uncle, a husband, etc
Why settle, why not improve?
It is not that I don't accept myself but I am improving myself to be a better person!

blueta2 said:
I understand the desires to have or do better, but if let's say someone has a great body, they worked hard, they look great, but they still feel fat or not big enough. That is past striving and going into not accepting.
It's really exhausting always trying to be "better" when if we can just accept our worries and stress will lessen
Then it's crossing the line into body dysmorphia. There's a difference between striving to achieve a specific goal and dealing with a neurosis. Like anything else we do in this life, it helps to be able to have a little objectivity and recognize your actions for what they are and whether they are reasonable or not.

In other words, the question is, are you dieting/working out because you enjoy the challenge/ the way you feel, and/or have a goal of looking better or are you dieting/working out because you hate your body?

musclemom said:
We are hard wired as animals to do so. Read Temple Grandin's book, "Animal communication," seeking behavior is hardwired into our brains. It makes us happier than anything else, really (the old saw about a guy who is only interested in the chase?) Striving to be richer, bigger, more ripped, have a bigger house, faster car, etc., it's all a variation on Seeking behavior.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

musclemom said:
Then it's crossing the line into body dysmorphia. There's a difference between striving to achieve a specific goal and dealing with a neurosis. Like anything else we do in this life, it helps to be able to have a little objectivity and recognize your actions for what they are and whether they are reasonable or not.

In other words, the question is, are you dieting/working out because you enjoy the challenge/ the way you feel, and/or have a goal of looking better or are you dieting/working out because you hate your body?

For me personally, I started working out b/c I was a chubby-wubby and disliked my body. Then once I started working out, I did it b/c it made me feel good.
Striving for more and better is good (I expressed this in a thread the other day), but I'm not really talking about striving, but having distain for your life b/c you want to be better.
By the way, the only distain I have for myself is that of my body. You know what they say, once a fatty always a fatty. I will always see myself as the chubby kid.
So I work up this morning feeling bad about the bulge here or the roll there and it got me thinking, "when will I just accept how I look and stop worrying about it"
Hence the thread...but I know ppl who are always beating themselves up about not being better, bigger, smarter etc...!
Prob is, no one here is admitting to it ;-)

Top Bottom