First time using chains

Posted: 22-Mar-2002 02:35 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about First time using chains within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Well..one of my buds at the gym recently showed me some chains the gym had just gotten. I was doing dynamic squats with them on...275 at the top..255 at the bottom...only half the chains were on the ground...They make a nice sound i must admit.. but if i maxed out at 375 should i be doing box squats with 50% of that weight at the top or bottom. Or ...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

First time using chains

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

First time using chains

Old 22-Mar-2002, 02:35 AM   #1

Well..one of my buds at the gym recently showed me some chains the gym had just gotten. I was doing dynamic squats with them on...275 at the top..255 at the bottom...only half the chains were on the ground...They make a nice sound i must admit.. but if i maxed out at 375 should i be doing box squats with 50% of that weight at the top or bottom. Or a different %age?
Gallery of Sebass67  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Chains and squats

Old 22-Mar-2002, 03:44 PM   #2

Whatever percentage you run, that should be the percentage of weight on the bar at the bottom. As for percentages, there is an article on elitefts.com that goes over different training cycles for the squat. For beginners/intermediates
Intermediate:
Week 1: 60% for 8 sets of 2 reps
Week 2: 63% for 8 sets of 2 reps
Week 3: 65% for 8 sets of 2 reps
Just repeat this wave for a couple months and then get some bands. By that time you'll be ready for the extra tension the bands can give.
Good luck
Gallery of bigokie  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!