Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the actual dealio with the UK?

Redfield11

In years gone by, our friends across the pond would have been right to be jealous over us lucky Brits who were fortunate enough to have zero restraints on steroid use. You could get them off the internet, walk through customs whilst pinning yourself or do a line of dbol in front of the police and they wouldn't raise an eyebrow. It seemed that every man and his dog had access to steroids. However, running up to the Olympics, the government clamped down on it and although it is still legal to use steroids for personal use, you can get banged up for distributing them to others and buying them over the internet whilst crossing borders. Nothing can come in from overseas and if it does, our friends at customs will confiscate it, whack it in the 'evidence room' (kit bag) and our money will have been wasted.

Yet, my gym is full of guys who have an abundance of the stuff. One guy took me to his car, opened his boot and showed me well over £15,000 worth of various gear. What I want to know is, do the government actually care? Are we going to get in trouble if our roids get confiscated at customs, is it worth the risk of losing our hard earned wonga? What IS the actual law? It's definitely a grey area and I'm starting to think that this is done on purpose to make people reluctant to buy/use.

Hi redfield11

It's 8 months on but I just found your post and thought it would be a good place to say hi for my first post as well as something I can kind of answer.

I found a letter on the UK government's website from the committee concerned with controlled substances. From what I can gather from it, anabolic steroids are being classified as a Class C drug (same as cannabis) but with no offence on possession for personal use. However, I cannot find the amount that would be considered "personal use" and an amount that a police officer would consider "possession with intent to supply" therefore it would seem this is a grey area and may make you liable to breaking the law.

As it is a controlled substance, you cannot get it legally in the UK, so it would have to imported from outside the EU. You are allowed to import an amount that a customs officer would consider a "personal use" amount, but again, I cannot find any clearly defined limit as to what this is so they may edge on the side caution and have every legitimate right to do so to seize believing there is enough there for redistribution. Be this as you pass through an airport customs channel or at the mail centre when they're screening imports.

So technically it's allowed to be imported and used for personal use. Each individual officer has their own discretion but.

Unfortunately I cannot post the link to the document I found in full. But fill in the spaces here and you should get it, if not PM me for the document.

gov[dot]uk/ government/ uploads/ system/ uploads/ attachment data/ file/ 119132/ anabolic steroids.pdf

Be careful here

Wouldnt worry about it in the UK, we're pretty much fine here. Its those in USA that have stupidly restrictive laws. I cant ind the link but i read somewhere that Steroids are legal i the UK for personal use by professional body builders. Its still illegal to sell them, but buying for personal use, the government doesnt care :)

Top Bottom