Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Member Vid Thread (work in progress, post 'em up and lets get this started!)

Protobuilder

Note: This is a working thread and not the finished product!!

We're hoping to build a nice thread consisting of member's training vids. This is the "work in progress" thread. Throw up your vids and links to threads where they've been critiqued (if applicalbe) and also post your ideas on how best to set this up. After we get some ideas and stuff to work with, we can format it all and start a new thread/sticky that doesn't look like a jumble of shit. LoL

The vids don't have to be awesomeness. The good, the bad, and the ugly are acceptable. Frankly, people can learn more from some of the bad/mediocre vids and the ensuing critiques that have followed. We've had some solid critiques on squats & cleans, for example, from some of the knowledgeable members, including Glenn Pendlay.

I'll start w/ the one lame squat vid & critique thread I've got:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469916

Yours can't be any worse than that so post 'em up!

There is already a deadlifting video thread around somewhere, maybe a link to that thread could be posted and all new dedlift vids go there?

carlsuen said:
i'll start a squat thread and a clean thread maybe..

Um, the whole point of this thread is to consolidate all the vids out there. Starting separate threads for "curls done in a squat rack (bandana)", "curls done in a squat rack (no bandana)", and so on defeats the purpose.

Oh, and bump for Guinness, Tweakle, and others who've posted vids in recent journals.

yea, i got several vids in my thread, as well as in some other posts on here.

Im also holding a DEADLIFTING comp today with several buddies from the GYM so ill have a nice set of vids from it as well!

But this is great, i would be great if we could somehow later, throw all the videos into the first post so people dont gotta go all over reading/looking for them.

mm107 said:
But this is great, i would be great if we could somehow later, throw all the videos into the first post so people dont gotta go all over reading/looking for them.

Yeah, that's the plan. We'll either have a mod edit the first post into a table of contents (as was done with the huge-ass 5x5 thread) or create a new directory thread once more stuff has been added.

Looking forward to the vids...I'd add some, but, uh, I haven't ever recorded any.

Cynical Simian said:
Um, the whole point of this thread is to consolidate all the vids out there. Starting separate threads for "curls done in a squat rack (bandana)", "curls done in a squat rack (no bandana)", and so on defeats the purpose.

Maybe it's just me, I like things more organized. have this thread as a sticky and have link to a dedlift vid thread, squat vid thread, curls I the squat rack with a yellow bandana vid thread..

that way if you're looking for a specific lift you don't have to sift through tones of other vids to get the ones you want.

The actual vid threads can just be regular threads as we will have quick access to them via this sticky.

Just my .02c

The first post could look like this.

Deadlift vids = link to specific thread here

Squat vids = link to specific thread here

Clean cids = link to specific thread here

Bench vids = link to specific thread here

Quick and easy reference.

djeclipse said:
Maybe it's just me, I like things more organized. have this thread as a sticky and have link to a dedlift vid thread, squat vid thread, curls I the squat rack with a yellow bandana vid thread..

that way if you're looking for a specific lift you don't have to sift through tones of other vids to get the ones you want.

The actual vid threads can just be regular threads as we will have quick access to them via this sticky.

I agree that organization at some point will be necessary if the vids are to be a useful part of the forum. But right now, as I said before, I think the main task is just getting vids in one place and seeing what we have. A table of contents (which will of course be organized by lift and link directly to the post with the vid link) will make which thread the video is in irrelevant. I'll be saving the links to the posts as people put stuff in this thread and labeling them based on what was posted, and PB will probably be doing something similar. It'll be a lot easier to monitor one thread than 10 or however many there'd be if we dedicated one to each of the lifts that are common around here.

djeclipse said:
The first post could look like this.

Deadlift vids = link to specific thread here

Squat vids = link to specific thread here

Clean cids = link to specific thread here

Bench vids = link to specific thread here

Quick and easy reference.

Yeah DJ, couldn't we just do this:

Deadlift Vids:
Deadlift Vid 1
Deadlift Vid 2
Deadlift Vid 3

Bench Vids:
Bench Vid 1
Bench Vid 2
Bench Vid 3

etc...

That way when people post to the thread a mod could edit the original table of contents and add the new video link to it.

Top Bottom