Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need advice on diet and exercise!

myd

Hi!
I've been exercising for about 2.5 months. I am about 5'6"(166cm) and 112pound (47-48kg). I dont know my bodyfat %.
About 18 months ago I lived in a different counrty, I didn't know anyone and my only fun was going to gym. I was also in a really tight budget. There I went 6 days a week, Mo-We-Fri weightlifting and 20 mins cardio (precor ell). Tues-Thurs 40 or more mins of cardio and abs. Sat pilates and some cardio. Sometimes when I could make it went for some group exercise. Ate around 8am, coffee with sugar, apple oatmeal, maybe fruits. 11am an orange or cereal bar. 1pm some dinner (mostly rice and peas and chees) 3pm orange or cereal bar. 5PM gym till 7 or later, after on my way home roasted peanuts or sunflower seed or popcorn. I lost weight, got some muscles too. Cheating on weekends but since I had no money I didnt really eat lot different.

Than I came back and had money, no gym, and got some excess on my buns and under. When I started again, legpress 60 pounds, now 140, tryceps one hand, standing 7.5 now 12, standing calf then 75 now 150 -still no muscle here nor pain..

Breakfast 10am-multigrain bread with 2eggs (hard boiled or scrambled (2 whole+1 yellow) with onion, or Cheerios with light soymilk,or apple cereal, OJ. Sometimes Gym around 3pm till approx.5 then a cereal bar or a cookie (oatmeal, whole wheet flour, raisin, poppyseed, peanuts, sugar or sweetener, 1 egg and a little butter ans soymilk) I don't usually eat red meat -just not in the mood to cook it, chicken breast for dinner, or some corn-peas-carrots on onion with Canola oil. I love chees, so sometimes I put in a little. I right now can't even tell what else I eat for dinner. Oh, like turkeybreast itself or "whole food's" turkey bacon itself, maybe egg, popcorn, OJ (I know sugar) when I crave late night peanut.Sometimes Im not even hungry during the day, or sometimes I just eat because I know I should and then an hour later I am soooo hungry so I eat some of those above again..But it's late, like 10PM. Weekends are cheat days, so I eat pizza, or restaurant food, icecream, crackers and whatever I crave for. I always crave for something during the week, most of the times I can resist.
Exercise Before and after streching every day. Mo-Wed-Fri wight lifting + 20mins cardio, Mo-Fri legs days, Wed arm/shoulder. Tue-Thur cardio on ellipticals 45 or more mins and abs. I can see results on harmstrings and thight, firmer and maybe rounder butts, little tri/biceps and moderate abs (I know srickt diet 4 detals..) I've got pretty thin waist naturally and wide hip-bones, so I can't really sculpt this that much. Calves don't grow and looks stupid because I have boney knees..

I am not satisfied with my lower body, I'd like my buns rounder and on the side of my thights thinner. I believe my inner thights got bigger and I feel it looked better before as it looked thinner. Now it's just thick for me. They've got some renovation at my gym so I gotta go to another place but I dont like there, always crowded.

Is there any possible changes available if I did a 2 week very strickt diet I could reach a visible change on my butt and abs? I say 2 weeks very stickt to see how it goes and if I could do it even withouth cheat days, I'd do it longer.

So please if anyone of you have a comment or suggestion, please let me know!Thank you!

I see...

So, you would like to change a few things on your body. First let me say that someone else in here (Bunny) will know much more about helping you with diet and training for this....but....make sure you get on a "diet" and stay on it. I really hate the word diet. Change the way you eat forever! Nothin' wrong with some cheat meals but you need to get something you can live with and show good changes. It also will be very helpful if you post some stats. Measurements....etc. Good luck!

Thank you!

I`d just like to know how to built visible muscles and not thich/big muscles, also I need some strenght in my arms (again not thick arms), can't pull myself up..
So and what have I done wrong as I wrote above?
thanks again.

^^^^yah yah yah...what SARGE said. This will help you. Great thread and she has lots to offer!!

myd said:
Thank you!

I`d just like to know how to built visible muscles and not thich/big muscles, also I need some strenght in my arms (again not thick arms), can't pull myself up..
So and what have I done wrong as I wrote above?
thanks again.

First off, as a female - you're not going to BE ABLE to build HUGE muscles without the aid of steroids.....and how visible your muscles are will depend on your bodyfat level......

Come check out the Women's Fitness Forum & check out the stickies at the top for some workout ideas & eating ideas.....Shadow's workout plan is interesting, changes & is quick to get done....

I would suggest eating every 3-4 hours & try a ratio of 40% protein/30% fat & 30% carbs.....you can use a free site such as www.fitday.com to keep track of your foods.....

It's possible you haven't added muscle to your frame due to you not eating enough......

Thank you Everyone!

I've checked Bunny's log, pretty impressive but I am affraid I can't exercise 2 times a day, maybe some "floorwork" at home (running, stairs can't do, asthma..everything else is fine).

I am still not clear with some foods, I mean what not to eat at all, what is OK and what are the bests. I prefer high protein diets since it seemed working for me before. However I checked and registered on the fitday site.
So you suggest not to eat like Chreerios at all? What about light soymilk (can't drink milk)White rice? (CheezeIt light crakers are my heartache)
What do you think about popcorn, a small one, no salt no butter. Also, cheese makes all my meal edible, can't leave it out. I don't eat tons of it. What about my cookies I meantioned above?

I am going to start a strickter meal plan Monday morning.

I would like to use some supplements, I had Scitec protein before but after drinking it for a week or two I couldn't even think about it. I would use Hydroxycut too but I read it does technically nothing. What do you suggest? I can't really afford that much money on it thus.

So should I post some pictures along with my measurments?Or the plain data is enough?

Ok, so these are my thoughts for now, Thank you very much for the patience for all of you!

Last edited:
myd said:
Thank you Everyone!

I've checked Bunny's log, pretty impressive but I am affraid I can't exercise 2 times a day, maybe some "floorwork" at home (running, stairs can't do, asthma..everything else is fine).

I am still not clear with some foods, I mean what not to eat at all, what is OK and what are the bests. I prefer high protein diets since it seemed working for me before. However I checked and registered on the fitday site.
So you suggest not to eat like Chreerios at all? What about light soymilk (can't drink milk)White rice? (CheezeIt light crakers are my heartache)
What do you think about popcorn, a small one, no salt no butter. Also, cheese makes all my meal edible, can't leave it out. I don't eat tons of it. What about my cookies I meantioned above?

I am going to start a strickter meal plan Monday morning.

I would like to use some supplements, I had Scitec protein before but after drinking it for a week or two I couldn't even think about it. I would use Hydroxycut too but I read it does technically nothing. What do you suggest? I can't really afford that much money on it thus.

So should I post some pictures along with my measurments?Or the plain data is enough?

Ok, so these are my thoughts for now, Thank you very much for the patience for all of you!

Assuming you are not planning to compete, all foods are allowed in your way of eating - but it's just how often.....

There are a LOT of foods that are healthier than white rice, crackers, etc and more nutritionally dense.......Such as: brown rice, whole wheat pasta (in moderation), oatmeal.....Cheerios for example don't give you a lot of bang for your buck - you don't get a lot of nutrition for the portion & it won't "stick with you" for a long period of time.....

And I would suggest 1 - 1.5g of protein per lb. of bodyweight......

I would wait to add supps later on after you get the eating down....

myd said:
Thank you Everyone!

WHat page was that from? lol

I've tried MANY things hun ...

FYI

You don't have to exercise 2 X a day ... you tweak a plan to what you CAN do and base it around your goals & lifestyle ...

From the announcement... When I started My Log back in Jan of 05, I jumped on the One Body Part a Day bandwagon... because you have to start somewhere. This worked great for me & my goals at that time. My program (ala Shadow) looked a little like this:

* Mon. – Legs
* Tues. – Back
* Wed. – Chest
* Thurs. – Shoulders
* Fri. – Arms
* Sat & Sun OFF.
* Cardio 3-4 days a week
* (3 days HIIT preferably mornings on an empty stomach & 1 day (Sat/Sun) of my choice, which I often used the arc trainer)
* Abs 2-3 days a week.

You can only train 3 days? FINE ... 4 days? still FINE.. come over to Women's Forum ...

Thank you Sarge for the props ..

JC & GG got it covered...

FFQuads ... " I really hate the word diet. Change the way you eat forever! Nothin' wrong with some cheat meals but you need to get something you can live with and show good changes." AMEN

Top Bottom