Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front squat

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
How much do you front squat ass to the grass?

I've not see anybody in my gym doing more than a quarter front squat... :rolleyes:

and what's your bodyweight too?

My best was at a b.w. of 225 (about 15% BF) and I could ATF 295 properly, but I believe that I will smash that this time round as I'm only a few weeks back in and I'm at 2x275.

Ronnie Coleman's 4 x 585 looked PFG, but I'm sure that some of the elite oly-lifters could beat that.

I've yet to do them as part of a program but was doing them until about a month ago for three or four weeks.

My last session with them was 115Kg (253 lbs) deep in the hole for 3x5 plus my bodyweight of around 265.

I can get a lot deeper on my fronts than on my back squats. I'd actually feel comfortable calling it butt to ankles. For some reason, I like to pause in the hole on these.

Last week I did 225 x 2 without too much trouble. BW = 202 lbs.

Do you use the pussy pad on front squats? It just digs in to my chest bone because I do them olympic style instead of crossing my arms.

cwc73 said:
Do you use the pussy pad on front squats? It just digs in to my chest bone because I do them olympic style instead of crossing my arms.

no, but I do have a few pounds on you, so some of the gaps are filled with flesh.

damn you guys really are hitting some poundage on these front squats...

i don't think i've ever gone over 185 with them... i don't think i've done less than sets of 8-10 though either...

i usually only go to just below parallel with them though, never ATF...

I was under the impression that ATF was not good for the knees...?

Top Bottom